SAU Community

2005 Tokyo Auto Salon Plan of Attack

Rezz

Woohoo! Excelent turnout again this year!

So it's imperative that we have some kind of plan so that we can see as much of the show as possible while spending the least amount of time waiting!

Now, a couple of things were evident last year:

1) The guys who were in Japan for the first time all took off on us the moment we got inside... I totally understand, but it was hard to catch with them again at lunch, and almost impossible after the show (aw g'day Nick! :(;))

2) Although the layout of the place is fairly simple, it's good to know which way is north, because I remember trying to explain to somebody where we were and it took ages for them to find us... when we were at the opposite end to where they were looking.

So heres the (rough) plan, please feel free to put in your 2c if you think its a ghey plan...

Saturday 15th January

10am - Meet at the East exit of JR Makuhari station.

2pm - Meet at the 2nd floor level cafeteria/rest area directly to the left of the gates as you walk in.

6pm - Meet directly infront of the Makuhari Messe Hall (same place as you entered) and we'll go and have some dinner (undecided location).

Over to you guys...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you guys are going to daikoku later that sat night?

Not me - although I could drive down to TAS, I think it's a whole lot easier to take the train....besides, I only get to use trains once a year (the last time I rode was TAS 2004 ;)) so I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to experience the cleanest, most punctual train service in the known universe :D

How is the layout off things at TAS or previous TAS?

Random placement of tuners and marques or is there a plan about everything.;)

Honda tuners stuck together,scooby tuners and so on .

I think it'll be the same: Vans and oddball stuff in the left halls, a mixture of stuff in the middle halls, and hard tuned stuff/racing cars in the right halls.

Rezz...if you guys are sure you will be at Daikoku on the Sat then I'll try and make it down. How many people are coming then? Should be able to get some guys from gtr.co.uk to come over plus the Tokyo guys too.

Let me know

Rezz...if you guys are sure you will be at Daikoku on the Sat then I'll try and make it down. How many people are coming then? Should be able to get some guys from gtr.co.uk to come over plus the Tokyo guys too.

Let me know

Sweet! Yes, we'll definately be there, Nick has been nagging me ALL. BLOODY. YEAR. to go out on the Saturday night in the 'line. (:( j/k Nick, you rock!)

Well it'll be me, my wife, Nick and his friend... thats a full car. We'll probably hang out there for a while then see where things lead after that.

...I have a feeling Hipertekspeed will make the trip?

Rezz...if you guys are sure you will be at Daikoku on the Sat then I'll try and make it down.  How many people are coming then?  Should be able to get some guys from gtr.co.uk to come over plus the Tokyo guys too.

Let me know

Sweet! Yes, we'll definately be there, Nick has been nagging me ALL. BLOODY. YEAR. to go out on the Saturday night in the 'line. ( j/k Nick, you rock!)

Well it'll be me, my wife, Nick and his friend... thats a full car. We'll probably hang out there for a while then see where things lead after that.

...I have a feeling Hipertekspeed will make the trip?

Would it be another way to get to Daikoku then by car?

Tube,train...

Guys just wondering if there any options for after the show for members who dont have cars currently in Japan? Is a hire car a viable option? Or should we start begging for lifts from members currently over there with cars? I'm quite keen to see the local car scene and Daikoku especially. Is there another option?

P.S. Circusmonkey you have a PM :P