SAU Community

heater fan not working

Skyzza

hi i hope someone can help me my r33 has a heater fan problem

the climate control works and the fan works if i take it out and conect

power to it i was hoping someone might know why it doesn't work in

the car or has a wiring diagram any info would help thanks

what car is it? if it's a 32 then I can find it in the manual. There's obviously something stopping 12v from getting to the motor. so if you've checked the fuses and relays it would only be the control unit. I don't think there are any other relays for them.

I don't know if you'd have a fan speed switch or where it would be located. It would help to know the car.

what car is it? if it's a 32 then I can find it in the manual. There's obviously something stopping 12v from getting to the motor. so if you've checked the fuses and relays it would only be the control unit. I don't think there are any other relays for them.  

I don't know if you'd have a fan speed switch or where it would be located. It would help to know the car.

sorry I should have read your message a little better. It was late, I was tired.

I will try to look into it.

in the meantime, test to make sure you are getting power to the relay points. Even though the ralay may function, if there is no power to them they won't work either.

same at the fuse and same at the motor.

Basically just follow it back. You may have to unravel the main harness under the dash but the wire colours should remain the same so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i found the problem on my heater fan. if you pull the glove box out, you will see a plug with 2 or three wires dead central to the opening you just created. there will also be two screws holding a mudule that is attached to the plug. this module controls the fan speed using a complicated circuit board, i got a second one and put it in works 100% now

• 9 years later...

FYI - Had this issue also today in my girlfriends 95 r33 gist series 1.5.

I pulled apart blower motor

ran 12v directly to it - it ran fine

checked all fuses and relays - all worked fine.

identified the module discussed above. thought to myself...wonder if r32 is the same (have an r32 race car with no a/c - i located the module - looked different. had different part number but plug was the same and it directly fitted. Turned back on climate control..and heater fan worked...!

So FYI can use r32 item in r33.

Cheers.