SAU Community

FLUTTER sound as BOV

ATTN

how do i get the Flutter sound on my s2 gtst?

i was at a wrecker and this guy came down changing gears letting off this cool flutter sound into the atmosphere

i asked the guy how he did it but he did go into much detail i guess he want to keep it a secert

he briefly said that he blocked off the BOV and he asked if i had a aftermarket air filter, he said thats all i needed to get that sound

i really wanted the flutter sound because it sounded MAD

i want to know if anyone knew how to do this?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What else do you need to know? As it was said, you just take off the standard BOV, block off the hole it leaves, and install an aftermarket pod filter on, and you'll get the same noise...

Most people seem to think its bad for your turbo (its what causes the flutter noise) and i agree with them.

honestly why not by an aftermarket bov. yes it may be a budget way of getting the flutter noise but i dont think it is good for the turbo or car as it wasnt designed without a bov.

well i got the fluttering noise on my car, its pretty sick, especially if you run full boost, thaz when its loud of its head.

When u do the "cooler noise" i call it, in front of ppl, every cnt looks at you mate. Its like you are a celebrity mate. but you gotta be carefull, read reasons below:

1) Attracts chix, but so does it the Cops

2) If you boost your car, you are more likly to blow it (been there done that)

3) it will stuff up your idleling, and in lots of cases your idel will be unstable, even if you go back to your original setup your idel remains unstable, as the AFM meter re-programs itself in a way.

4) ITS ADDICTIVE (trust me, once you put it on, you wont be taking it off)

P.S. To get it very loud, you should run higher boost, and have a big front mount cooler, and the POD, dnt worry about it, just run a 90 degree elbow from the turbo. and off you go.

Just be aware of the consequences below:

1) Get canary (defect sticker) easy as

2) Blow turbo

3) Very careful with this one, YOU MIGHT BE UP FOR A NEW BOTTOM END (been there done that)

The sound is wicked, but there are to many 'againsts' to have it on ya car. just get a after market BOV.

I had it on mine , I have a Blitz hybrid (atmo & plumb back) and had the plumbback blocked off as I did not have the right hose for it , it made a huge flutter sound ! but as everyone has said above it can cause serious damage to your turbo, suggest only using it for a short time !!!!!! if at all !!!

my 2 yen