SAU Community

FLUTTER sound as BOV

ATTN

Ok this thread is still going... well i dont own my series II skyline anymore

Im proud to say that i own a 2002 s15 GT spec...

I understand how the bov/flutter works

my question is now what do you use to block the bov? any thing specific?

i know the cons about blocking the bov but frankly at this stage i really dont care i just want that sound esp when its on a s15 its nice...!!!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take out the two bolts that hold the BOV down and slide the gasket out. Get a Coke can, cut the tops so u can fold it out. Trace the gasket shape onto the coke can and cut around the outside of your tracings(leave the inside as it is, it's this that will bloke off the air). Then just slide the gasket back in with your coke can gasket on top. (you can use some rubber gasket sealant if u like, but mine doesn't have it and doesn't seem to leak)

FTR i did mine to stop my car surging in between gear changes, and it worked.. Don't mind the sound now either, sounds tuned or something, hehe

Yeah i thought about the coke can but wasnt sure if it would last? cause it a really soft metal and could melt over a time of period with the heat...

But yeah it works aye? just cut out, unscrew the current bov then put back on? what about the pumpack hose...? leave every thing as it is?

Yeah i thought about the coke can but wasnt sure if it would last? cause it a really soft metal and could melt over a time of period with the heat...

But yeah it works aye? just cut out, unscrew the current bov then put back on? what about the pumpack hose...? leave every thing as it is?

Coke cans are alluminium. Alluminium is a piss poor conductor. And believe me, it's not THAT weak. Just very light. You WON'T have to worry about it melting, i can assure you of that. 40*C or 30*C intake temps or what ever won't even be enough to heat it propperly, let alone get it to the heat required to melt it.

Anyway, you are talking about the inlet side of things, so it's not all THAT hot, if you want to call it hot at all. Exhaust side is the hot side, no BOV there :(

Here's a thought. Why not just remove the BOV alltogether and sell it? Or do you want to just have it there for wank factor (by wank factor i mean, it's there, just not doing anything...)?

Coke can it is then.. i was just asking man im not that stoopid!! anyways ill keep the bov just makes it easier for when ill put the coke can blocker, then the bov back on over can, if that makes sense

Edited by r33zilla

Coke cans are alluminium. Alluminium is a piss poor conductor. And believe me, it's not THAT weak. Just very light. You WON'T have to worry about it melting, i can assure you of that. 40*C or 30*C intake temps or what ever won't even be enough to heat it propperly, let alone get it to the heat required to melt it.

Anyway, you are talking about the inlet side of things, so it's not all THAT hot, if you want to call it hot at all. Exhaust side is the hot side, no BOV there :D

Here's a thought. Why not just remove the BOV alltogether and sell it? Or do you want to just have it there for wank factor (by wank factor i mean, it's there, just not doing anything...)?

Alluminium is a very good conductor of heat.

Anyway your right the coke can will work... bit dodgy though :(

I can't believe this thread is still going, and that you still want your car to flutter.

just my 2c since everyone decided to revive this thread

when I had teh fully sik bro fluttah, ,it ran SO SHIT that I couldn't believe how crap it was and why people do it. It's like driving a lazy ass turbo that can't decide to boost or not boost. So in short, I got rid of my siknesss and now run normal. Nothing beats the good old induction sound..............NOTHING!!!!!

Ok this thread is still going... well i dont own my series II skyline anymore

Im proud to say that i own a 2002 s15 GT spec...

I understand how the bov/flutter works

my question is now what do you use to block the bov? any thing specific?

i know the cons about blocking the bov but frankly at this stage i really dont care i just want that sound esp when its on a s15 its nice...!!!

My mate has an s15 and it flutters anyway without blocking off the bov. It was especially audible once he put a pod filter on and upped the boost a bit. The only thing he blocked was the little hole in the bov to stop the air leak, but it fluttered even before this.

just my 2c since everyone decided to revive this thread

when I had teh fully sik bro fluttah, ,it ran SO SHIT that I couldn't believe how crap it was and why people do it. It's like driving a lazy ass turbo that can't decide to boost or not boost. So in short, I got rid of my siknesss and now run normal. Nothing beats the good old induction sound..............NOTHING!!!!!

You are then the minority. Blocking the bov off does indeed improve the turbo's spool.

But yes mine did run a little crappy but the turbo's response was up.

But then you go on to say nothing beats the good old induction sound? The bov flutter etc sound is not an induction/suck sound? So.. I tend to take what you say with a pinch of salt. :(

Well the reason the fluttering is loud on mine is because im running a pod (until i get around to putting the stock airbox on, or manage to find a pod box) With the stock box, it's only audible from outside the car. the airbox may only be a little bit louder than the stock box, so if u want loud flutters, um, take the cover off or something

You are then the minority. Blocking the bov off does indeed improve the turbo's spool.

But yes mine did run a little crappy but the turbo's response was up.

But then you go on to say nothing beats the good old induction sound? The bov flutter etc sound is not an induction/suck sound? So.. I tend to take what you say with a pinch of salt. :(

induction sound as sucking air sound...not blowing back out sound