SAU Community

stuff idiots say about skylines

Hey slide,

I can believe the Sportivo stuff for sure.

It seems that every Sportivo driver is under the delusion that it is a "sports car". I mean it does have a powerfull V6 under the bonnet eh.

Make way ! Sportivo coming through ! hahahhahahaahah

El Bee

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to many comments to mention, but one thing I have noticed is as soon as I tell people I have a skyline they all instantly become the worlds best mechanics and know everything. What the hell causes this? in all fairness I have had just as many positive comments as I have had negative ones.

Guy in a holden Vk V8 followed me into a car park and pulled up next to me just so he could tell me i had a nice machine. (just for the record I hold most holden drivers in contempt so this guy was pretty cool.)

some commie driver was givin me the eye driving home from work on friday and tailgating my mate in his GTR and he pulls up beside me and is all like **** Off you and Your cars from Japan.. and hes drivin some heap of shit commie with GM bits from all over the States or Europe in it..

and i went to a local suspension place to talk about some coilovers and the guy was all in my face about imports and that they shouldnt be allowed on the road...

i was like farrrrkkk im proud im australian whatever that means, probly bad dreams if your a refugee - but these redneck hillbillys are the worst !

I pulled up at a servo a few months ago when I was heading up north and this biker dood on some harley thing pulled up beside me.

He goes "woah thats a nice looking car man, is that some sort of ferrari or something?" (because of the tail lights I guess)

Thats about the best one ive had :)

Make way !  Sportivo coming through ! hahahhahahaahah

El Bee

:) haha :)

I think he was maybe upset cause he tasted the sweet black dust from my exhaust

I hate old people they are so unwilling to accept change.

I was at a party once

A guy there was boasting that he had just bought a supra

Every one was like wow.

I asked him whether it was a twin turbo

He said it was a non turbo

Then I said -> I own a GTR

And he acted as if the skyline was nothing compared to his car, and promptly changed the topic :)

Just yesterday on the way to pick up a friend i was going down a backstreet doing the speed limit(50) this old guy in like his 50's is walking a pram down like the middle of where my lane would be(unmarked road,no lines) and as im comign toward him and moving to the right of him which would have been on the other side of the road if it was measured im sure,he starts waving his hands around towards me yelling slow down! So many ppl hear a loudish exhaust(as i wasnt accelerating and it was droning,i have a 3"turbo back into 4.5"cannon) and think your going 100 miles an hour.

I thought F*CK that so i turned around and pulled up next to him(there was noone around at all so i wasnt blocking any traffic or anything) and said "excuse me sir i wasnt speeding but my exhaust is loud so i can understand how you might think i was going faster than i was" he replies "well you werent driving very responsibly were you,you bloody p platers in your souped up hoon cars think you own the road" to which i just had to laugh and left saying "yeah and walking a pram down the middle of the road is VERY responsible isnt it" (as there is a footpath)

As i drove off i heard him yell something like "At least i can drive properly"

I mean WTF? this guy was like the epitomy of a media brainwashed import p plater hater

i remember back in bout september, i went on a cruise with all teh act guys. i was with andrew and his front bar is fully meshed. neway, we went to the servo and wen he was inline, someone complimented him on his intercooler. he came out, and boy did we have the biggeset laugh ever, haha stupid old man, ahh well least he didn't have a go at andrew for driving the car, and he obviously liked it.

I think he was maybe upset cause he tasted the sweet black dust from my exhaust

I hate old people they are so unwilling to accept change.

Steady mate. I was agreeing with you, but you would probably consider me an "old fart". We aren't all tarred with the same brush you know.

As i drove off i heard him yell something like "At least i can drive properly"

I mean WTF? this guy was like the epitomy of a media brainwashed import p plater hater

Yes he certainly sounds like the epitome to me. I find it incredible that someone walking (let alone pushing a pram) on the road has the gall to say anything to a motorist doing what they are supposed to be doing on the road.

El Bee :(

A while back I was driving along and got randomly pulled over, after doin a license check one of the cops asked if he could see under my bonnet. So I opened it and he put the bonnet up:

Cop: Wow that's some good pipework, you've hidden the turbo well.

Me: Yeah

Cop: So where's you BOV?

Me: Don't have one

Cop: Don't get smart with me, I know my turbo cars

*other cop comes around to see what the commotion is all about*

Me: I'm not, my car's perfectly legal and dosen't need one

Cop: Why don't you just cooperate and it'll be easier

Me... *confused look* OK, see this set of pipes here... extractors... see how it goes out of the engine and into the exhaust... that's usually how a NON TURBO car works.

Cop number 2: *smirking like a mofo* OK that's enough for tonight, you can go

and when I first got the car... At a dyno day we had in SE VIC...

tuner with years of experience under his belt: Hey man where's the turbo on this car, is it a lowmount?

me: yeah, can't you see it?

tuner: nah I can't

me: shit man it must've fallen off somewhere along the way

tuner: wtf?

me: its a bloody GTS!

tuner: ohhhh

and then there was...

habib in a commy pulls up next to me with a few mates in his car... rolls down window... yells out: How many pounds you running?

me: none

habib: ey u idiot, you don't know about turbo's do you?

me: you don't seem to know much about non turbo's either do ya?

habib: omg that's a non turbo? sounds good man

me: thanks... *thumbs up and drive off*

habib's mates all clearly laughing at habib... good fun.

I liked the habib story, that was funny :P

I've actually noticed that lots of people instantly become an experienced mechanic as soon as you start talking about imports in general actually.

And 9 times out of 10 they dont know sh*t. Good old Aussies.. :(

funky seems to have had a lot of fun with people thinking his is turbo. I have the other side of the proverbial coin because it is a sedate looking factory green colour. (Like a Fagna)

I had someone say "That's an R32 right?" He was close.... Then he said "I want one of those, but how much would it cost to get it turbo'd. I said it was too late for mine. It was done at the factory.

El bee

well i was on the train on the way home from work n this guy just starts talkin to me and we got onto the coversation about cars then i ask him what he drives n he's like some old falcoon xf or sumfin then he's telling me how i should get my car converted to gas because id get more power out of it coz he got heaps of extra power when he converted it to gas im like hmmm.... n he said sumfin else stupid but i cant remember

VL-TRBO-RB20 ... i actually think that in some cases it CAN produce more power, theres a place down the road that claim that more power is produced etc and actually have dyno'd cars to prove it before and after installation... not quite sure how it all goes but yeah... 'apparently' its possible...

I was unfortunately involved in a conversation at a party last night where some idiot who apparantly knew everything about cars started to voice his opinion.

I'll save you the dialogue but some of the vomit that left his mouth included:

"300zxs look like taragos"

"The r35 GTR. Now THATS a car"

"Oh you have a r32 GTR? Pfft they are old buckets of crap now.. been there done that."

"He should buy a Magna"

He wouldnt tell me what car he drove but my g/f said before I got there he let it slip that he was a corolla driver.

Needless to say I didnt feel that it was worth my energy to step into an argument with someone who is clearly gifted.

Whats some stupid things you've heard people say about skylines/imports?

Kill him.

It's the only way.

- J.