SAU Community

stuff idiots say about skylines

Doesn't gas have a higher octane rating?

Not too many comments from me lately.. If anything it'd be your piece of shit is droning like a mofo.. And I'd sigh and say yes.. I need a new exhaust.

But, as soon as I get the turbs bolted on I'll be looking for laughs.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while back I was driving along and got randomly pulled over, after doin a license check one of the cops asked if he could see under my bonnet. So I opened it and he put the bonnet up:

Cop: Wow that's some good pipework, you've hidden the turbo well.

Me: Yeah

Cop: So where's you BOV?

Me: Don't have one

Cop: Don't get smart with me, I know my turbo cars

*other cop comes around to see what the commotion is all about*

Me: I'm not, my car's perfectly legal and dosen't need one

Cop: Why don't you just cooperate and it'll be easier

Me... *confused look* OK, see this set of pipes here... extractors... see how it goes out of the engine and into the exhaust... that's usually how a NON TURBO car works.

Cop number 2: *smirking like a mofo* OK that's enough for tonight, you can go

and when I first got the car... At a dyno day we had in SE VIC...

tuner with years of experience under his belt: Hey man where's the turbo on this car, is it a lowmount?

me: yeah, can't you see it?

tuner: nah I can't

me: shit man it must've fallen off somewhere along the way

tuner: wtf?

me: its a bloody GTS!

tuner: ohhhh

and then there was...

habib in a commy pulls up next to me with a few mates in his car... rolls down window... yells out: How many pounds you running?

me: none

habib: ey u idiot, you don't know about turbo's do you?

me: you don't seem to know much about non turbo's either do ya?

habib: omg that's a non turbo? sounds good man

me: thanks... *thumbs up and drive off*

habib's mates all clearly laughing at habib... good fun.

All I can say is...GOLD!

i had a vl turbo for 2 years, and have owned skylines for the past 2 years to current... and there is no 'skyline' comments that can compete with vl turbo comments.

Owning a vl turbo is like being a magnet for d1ckheads, its a mating call for every idiot to come and give you mechanical advice based on experience from their cousins car.

The main thing i get is people confusing it for a GTR when its a GTS-T, as well as, any of you who drive a modified car will get this reaction.... just general retards around you who see your car or a modified car of some sort, and they feel that its necessary to attempt to do a burnout, or just drive like a wanker or crank their stereo. And the people that do this, are always driving FWD Sh1tters and look like idiots.. i will never understand why they do this.

There are also your idiotic terms they use, i've had:

"Nice Flutter Valve" which sticks in my mind... i replied very abruptly "What the **** is that?" and they didnt have an answer for me...

I also hate a lot of people asking me to 'pop the bonnet'. I dont exactly know what they want to see... i mean REALLY.... think about it... WHAT THE **** are you going to see... its an engine ffs. But the bonnet pop can be ok if its justified because its a friend, or someones asking a technical question which requires the bonnet pop.

Someone also mentioned before about "How many pounds you running?"

Now this question, i fscking hate, because its utter bullsh1t. I always get asked how much boost i am running, and i hate this question because its usually the 1st or 2nd question they ask. I strongly believe that the amount of boost you run does not equate to how fast your car is.

i.e. If you have a T25 but run 5 billion PSI, your car still wont be fast.

I had a retard that also owned a skyline want to race me (he is giving us a bad name), the conversation went like this:

him: "Is it turbo?"

me: "yes..." (thinking he is already retarded because my front mount is very visible)

him: "how much boost are u running?"

me: "7psi" (i was actually running 20psi through a T04r at the time but said 7psi because i hated that question)

him: "Is it switchable"

me: "What the **** is switchable"

him: "can you change it?"

anyway, from there we had a green light and it was on. He sucked.

aktive: I used to quite like the question in my old turbo silvia.. after I annihilated a bloke in a done up 180sx running 12 psi he was most unpleased to find out that he just got his ass handed to him by someone in a different model of the same car/engine running stock boost.

Just tell them something thats completely unrealistic like "75 pounds" and test their stupidity.

i will always tell them whatever the stock boost is on the car they are asking about... so that after i fcuking OWN them, they will hopefully realise that the amount of boost that i run does not matter, its the supporting modifications that do which they never enquire about.

my favorite: "Is that your boyfriends car?" that really annoys me, why can't (some) men believe a girl drives a skyline. and also "is that a GTR?" so i just tell them it is. what they don't know can't hurt em.

oh and "how may miles per gallon do you get" so i tell them im stuffed if i know, i've never bought a gallon of petrol.

"What kind of skyline is that" - fair enough i have a sau sticker on my cefiro but I also have cefiro written on the back of the car :)

"Streuth a 2 litre? This thing hauls." SRs = animals.. fair enough people don't always know 2litres can go.

"What do you mean it's rear wheel drive?" ... no comment.

"Those are 18's???" ... true.. my wheel look like they're 16.

"Smoke it up!" I'm sure everyone gets that... WHY OH WHY DO YOU THINK I'M GOING TO WASTE MY MONEY ON YO!U?!!?

"You look like you were going a little fast there."

"that'll be the pipe from the front of the car looking faster than it is"

"fair enough" heh heh it's true though was doing about 30kmh!

haha yeah with the ceffy the most frequent statement is...

"wow you put a turbo in your maxima?" and "omg a 4 door silvia"

Hehe, yea ive heard a couple of guys having a convo at the Banzai battle. When inark's Cefiro was drifting.....

Guy#1: Wow, thats a nice Silvia

Guy#2: Huh? It has four doors. (both looking stooged)

Steve.

Seriously some of the comments i have heard make me want to bang my head against the closest hard object.. for instance:

"oh my vl goes faster than that and its stock" my ass it does..

"skylines are the ones that cause most accidents" no they arent..

"is that a silvia" yup heard that a few times from onlookers at some of the skyline meets

"non-turbos are so much better than turbos.. i'd rather start out with something with more power and boost".. guy from my work..

"skylines suck" IF I HEAR THIS ONE MORE TIME I'LL SCREAM!

The guy on top gear saying that R32 GTRs brakes sometimes explode!

i don't suppose you know the episode that was in?

anyway mine...

"skylines are so passe"

yes, i've also had the "skylines suck"

"skylines don't have any torque" to which i replied "do you even know what torque is?" ... "yeah it's it's it's it's er it's um"

i don't even own a skyline