SAU Community

Jaycar Boost and Fuel Control

Sydneykid

UPDATE!!

I went to the Jaycar website to buy one of the DFA kits (Digital Fuel Adjuster, Jaycar catalog# KC5385) And cant find them anywhere; I have a feeling they have been discontinued..

However after a little more searching I found a similar kit

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=KC5490&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=965#11

Which im pretty sure is the kit which supersedes the classic DFA kit which we all know and love...

It says in the blurb that it can adjust air/fuel ratios by adjusting the voltage so yeah.. pretty sure it will do the exact same job..

Peace

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE!!

I went to the Jaycar website to buy one of the DFA kits (Digital Fuel Adjuster, Jaycar catalog# KC5385) And cant find them anywhere; I have a feeling they have been discontinued..

http://www.jaycar.co...SUBCATID=965#11

Which im pretty sure is the kit which supersedes the classic DFA kit which we all know and love...

It says in the blurb that it can adjust air/fuel ratios by adjusting the voltage so yeah.. pretty sure it will do the exact same job..

Peace

I've been using these for a while now & they do a great job. The downside with the voltage adjuster over the DFA is there are more load points to set & so it will take a bit longer to configure. The upside is with more load points you can do finer adjustments.

Looks like they have put the price up on the kits tho.

Edit: there are some ambiguous instructions when it comes to the calibration. It is possible to set these so that each unit (added or subtracted on the hand controller) will equal whatever you want, ie a coarse or fine adjustment. If you follow the instructions to a "T", you could find that the adjustment is so fine so as to make no difference at all. Mine is set for 2 hundredths of a volt (0.02V) per increment, which gives me great control.

If anyone builds one & has trouble working out the calibration, just ask.

Cheers, Leon.

Edited by Commsman

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=KC5490&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=965#11

Peace

I actually bought a prebuilt kit from eBay (after my initial kit I built didn't work a few years ago :P ) - have a look here. I *think* all the kits are the same but just check with them first - it works with my R33 GTS-T. It is definitely a Jaycar DFA - I have opened it and checked it out :)

Unfortunately, you have to buy it with the hand controller, but after contacting the seller they were willing to drop the price a bit for me. They also responded quickly to my questions so overall pretty happy.

As you will see, the hand controller is a different shape to the Jaycar one but I can confirm that it does work with both the DFA and IEBC.

Edited by benro2

• 6 years later...

Anyone here in Canberra could install the DFA and IBC and do a basic setting of the load points?    I bought both pre-built kits from this forum 10 years ago, and its been sitting in my cupboard ever since!   Happy to reward accordingly...

34 minutes ago, Silverback said:

Anyone here in Canberra could install the DFA and IBC and do a basic setting of the load points?    I bought both pre-built kits from this forum 10 years ago, and its been sitting in my cupboard ever since!   Happy to reward accordingly...

They are relatively easy to install and tune - so long as you have the hand controller to go with them but if you have a S2 with the Neo engine I would really recommend getting a Nistune chip.

Many of the C34 owners from 10 years ago have left the forum but hopefully someone will still have the instructions!

Actually I still have a few files on my computer so I will attach them...

DFA and IEBC on stock S1.doc

DFA board.jpg

DFA tuning.doc

Advantages of Jaycar Boost Controller.doc

General idea of Jaycar Boost Controller.doc

IEBC installation.doc

JaycarBoostControllerVacuumHoseLayoutSmall.jpg

SK's initial boost controller settings.doc