SAU Community

Sealed Batteries

wrxhoon

i have found some sealed batteries at a very good price . they are simillar to odyssey but don't have the steel case . i have priced the odyssey 1200 at about $330 . i had the 800 odyssey in the gtr but because i may leave it for 2-3 in the garage sometimes it was going flat ( tracker , alarm ).

anyway these batteries are $140 wholesale and they are the same sise as the odyssey 1200 , same specs as well so i put 1 in the gtr and its great . it fits in the original spot but you have to get another clamp from an auto shop and it doesn't come with posts just stainess steel bolts .

anyone interested you can pm me and i'll put you in touch with the guy that sells them , not sure if he will post interstate but i can find out .

i have taken a pic of it but my dg cam battery is flat so i'll put a pic up tomorrow .

post-5240-1150500648.jpg

post-5240-1150500704.jpg

post-5240-1150500780.jpg

Edited by wrxhoon

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I compared the specs of the battery to those of the odyssey 1200 and they appear to be almost identical in every way. Even the dimensions are the same.The only difference is the steel jacket on the odyssey.

I have attatched some pictures of the new battery alongside my old Odyssey 800 for comparison.

• 2 weeks later...
I compared the specs of the battery to those of the odyssey 1200 and they appear to be almost identical in every way. Even the dimensions are the same.The only difference is the steel jacket on the odyssey.

I have attatched some pictures of the new battery alongside my old Odyssey 800 for comparison.

Can you measure it up in cm please? that'll be nice... WxHxD

20x17x17 cm , it fits it the r33 but you need another bracket

Thank's... I had problem trying to get a Century doesnt' quite fit as the (+) cable terminal is a bit too short to reach the terminals on the battery :)

Also did u find out if there are any reseller for this in Victoria, and if not if it can be delivered interstate safely?

no one in vic as they dont have any distributors there they only import and sell in sydney , i'm sure it can be delivered in autralia post as it is totaly sealed and only weighs around 14-15 kg , if you are interested in 1 pm your phone and i'll get him to call you .