SAU Community

Gtr Injectors Into Rb20det

Roy

in need of a little help

i've wired it all in, just want to make sure everything is ok before firing up the car.

how can i check i have power to each inj before starting? also wanna suss a couple of sensors just to be safe when cutting the power wires.

thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking for a Injector resistor box aswell anyone got one forsale?

Im got redtop RB20 but silvertop ECU so its runin rich as bcoz of different impendance if i put a resistor box in will that solve my probs?

I got low impendance injectors with high impendance ECU?

Thanks Damo!!

Im looking for a Injector resistor box aswell anyone got one forsale?

Im got redtop RB20 but silvertop ECU so its runin rich as bcoz of different impendance if i put a resistor box in will that solve my probs?

I got low impendance injectors with high impendance ECU?

Thanks Damo!!

I really doubt its the impeadance mismatch causing the motor to run rich.

It will be because the injectors in the redtop are different flow (cc) to the injetcors in the silvetop which the eccs ecu is designed/tuned for.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this Roy.

just did the conversion today. I ended up using individual resistors but the diagram was really useful.

I had a couple of funny things though.

The GTR Injectors I have have a little bit of plastic on the inside that is not thesr on the RB20 injector. and also the outside lug is centred on my GTR injectors and to one side on the RB20 ones. I cut the little lug and the plug fits fine.

Also The rear of the fuel line has a vacuum line but it was not connected on my car. Is it supposed to be connected? if so where to? will any boost/vacuum scorce be fine? should it be pre or post throttle body?

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just a side note. I am running low impedance injectors in my race car (R33 GTSt) and I made my own resistor pack using large ceramic 10W 10 ohm resistors. Cost a whole $10 and install exactly the same way.

I refuse to get ripped off on factory crap.

• 4 months later...
Just a side note. I am running low impedance injectors in my race car (R33 GTSt) and I made my own resistor pack using large ceramic 10W 10 ohm resistors. Cost a whole $10 and install exactly the same way.

I refuse to get ripped off on factory crap.

i have just read over all of this thread and i was just wondering ( GTRgeoff ) how the resistors from jaycar are going? i am about to do this myself and i i am thinking it may be neater to just use resistors in line with each injector plug rater than wiring in a resistor pack. only consern i have is the resistors not taking the load and buring out. i would profer not to kill my Power FC or injectors.

any ideas on there life span?

thanks for any help.

i was wondering, y wud u all go all da hassle to do so much? previously, i chucked in all 6x 390cc GSR mitsu injectors in, without much modification, n it works. you can even option for evolution injectors which are higher rating.

all you need is a jus a hole on da fuel rail, n n modify da wiring, n works perfectly fine. except u might need an ecu to tune

Personally i would wire the resistors as a pack and mount them over on the drivers strut as per the GTR location. Reason being that if you wire them in line then diagnostics becomes difficult as you have to tape them all up. Secondly it is already pretty crowded down between the head, fuel rail and manifold. Easier to replace if they are mounted remotely. And they are less likely to be damaged as part of the loom if mechanoc or you go pulling and shoving in there for other reasons in the future.

Sorry, i cant confirm part numbers...but best to rock up to Jaycar and speak to them in person

Mine worked fine with the off the shelf resistors. In the racecar they drove from Melb to Bris and have done a track day, and now run a set of Delphi low impedance 680cc/65lb injectors.

No part number, just go talk to the guys in the store.

ok i have done some testing myself and i can 100% garentee that the resitor pack out of an mr30 skyline is the same resistance as a GTR item. i ran these tests but checking on a mates GTR then checking a resistor pack that i went and pulled out of an mr30. i have had this system in and running for a few days with no problems, my car should be being tuned in a week to doubble check there isnt any problems.

i am running GTR injectors with a GTR power FC wich has been modified to suit the rb25de+t wiring loom. basicly exactly the same as a rb20 loom.

i also highly recomend changing the injector plugs on the loom. my injector plugs were different to the GTR injector so i changed them but changing the plug also alows for the new resistor pack wiring to be wired into the the plugs themselves saving one solder joint.

i am not sure how easy it is to come across an mr30 on the mainland but one of my co-workers rallys them and has about 5 for spare parts so i can get a few for needy people. just PM me.

i hope this small bit of info helps as i couldnt find a straight answer on here.

good thread. One thing not clear to me though. I have gtr injectors.. not installed yet. As i am waiting for my power fc d-jetro. I am getting a GTR rb26dett computer and wiring it up to suit rb20 (cheaper). Would i need to do this mod or just plug straight in??

Regardless of computer you need to ensure the total impedance exceeds 10 Ohms so yes you will need resistors.

And given that you need to chop into the loom regardless there is minimal difference in work between a GTR pack and a custom made one.