SAU Community

Gtr Injectors Into Rb20det

Roy

hey im in the process of buying a set of gtr injectors and the resistor pack from someone on here (SAU) but he says that they have been clean and flow tested and that they actually flow 530..i thought gtr injectors were 444??

also how can u tell if the injectors have been cleaned and flowed..or do i have to take it to a professional for them to check it out??

heres a link to the thread GTR Injectors

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so how do i test the resistor pack?? I just got one off my tuner for free. If i put a multimeter on each of the 6 blue wires.... what should it read... there is so many figures being thrown around but noone has said exactly what!! Please help, going to try and wire up tomoro

• 4 weeks later...

My cousin and I installed my GTR injectors earlier tonight and it was quiet simple. We found it best to pop the top of the manifold off as it gives you a lot more room to move around

This way we didn't need to pull out the whole harness, instead we took out the rail and part of the harness (injectors 4, 5 & 6) came out with it. It made it a lot easier to wire the positive wire along with the individual wires to injectors 1, 2 & 3 as it was out of the car and 4, 5 & 6 with part of the harness still on the car

The tutorial really does help once you open everything up, it makes a whole lot more sense then

Thanks Roy :D

Just a question

Where did everyone mount there resistor pack?

I'm thinking of putting mine in the stock GTR position just without the bracket. There is holes already there and the space between the 2 looks perfect to mount the resistor back in between - will update on this tomorrow once I mount it

Also if anyone is chasing a resistor pack, I can get brand new ones direct from NISSAN at a very good price - Just PM for details and prices

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just installed 444cc injectors in my rb20, running an rb20 apexi pfc. do i need a resistor pack or not? ive been told i do and dont and this thread seems to say do. so????

I have just installed 444cc injectors in my rb20, running an rb20 apexi pfc. do i need a resistor pack or not? ive been told i do and dont and this thread seems to say do. so????

Do it!

Or run the risk of smoking the PFC.

Do it!

Or run the risk of smoking the PFC.

ok, but isnt there setting in the PFC to choose what injectors you are running? so in essance your telling the PFC what you have so it will do the rest?

• 2 weeks later...
ok, but isnt there setting in the PFC to choose what injectors you are running? so in essance your telling the PFC what you have so it will do the rest?

not sure if anyone has answered you but yes you need to run the resistor pack and no the PFC does not have settings to chose what injectors you are running. the power FC only has different settings for air flow meters i belive. Z32 and normal plus others.

R32 gtst injectors are actualy higher in resistance than the GTR injectors and resistor pack combined but i wouldnt be worried about that, but even with a GTR power FC, GTR injectors without the extra resistance will damage the computer.

like i have mentioned before get yourself a resistor pack from a MR30 skyline. they are identical to GTR resistor packs resistance wise.

as far as the Power FC seeing bigger injectors goes it only ever sees injectors as duty cycle so it doesent matter if you have 1000cc or 200cc injectors it only cares about the duty cycle of that injectora and of course the impedence or resistance of that injector.

hope that clears some more questions up.

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys just wanna double check this. im currently installing a gtr motor into a r33 gtst and ive modified the rb25 wiring harness to suite 26 motor with an apexi pfc d-jetro. but im not quite sure if ill need to use the ballast resistor ill be running low impedance 800cc sard injectors ne thoughts there fellas???

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Read this thread and I don't understand anything. I have a R32 GTS-T. I want to put GTR injectors in it but I wonder if buying some Sard or Nismo injectors might be easier.

I live in Japan so I wonder if I can just order the resistor from Nissan? If the GTR injectors are top feed and the GTS-T are side feed, how are they going to fit?

And to be clear, if I am running stock ecu, I don't need to tune? The mods I have are a R33 turbo and intake and exhaust.

Help

ok guys just wanna double check this. im currently installing a gtr motor into a r33 gtst and ive modified the rb25 wiring harness to suite 26 motor with an apexi pfc d-jetro. but im not quite sure if ill need to use the ballast resistor ill be running low impedance 800cc sard injectors ne thoughts there fellas???

I have the same problem. We do need to run the resistor pack but the engine loom doesnt have a plug for it because it normaly plugs into the GTR car loom. I think we should be able to do the same as whats been done on the RB20 looms, we just have to work out which 6 wires are the ones that come from the resistor pack and connect them to the resistor pack then find a power wire out from the ecu.

Cheers for the write up, it helped me heaps :P

The only thing which I noticed was that the plugs on my injector harness did not fit my GTR injectors.

The edge of plastic on the injector which fits in line with the plug is slightely off centre for the standard injectors.

Basically had to file away this 'guide' and the plug fitted.

Was wondering if any one else had this problem...

Cheers for the write up, it helped me heaps :P

The only thing which I noticed was that the plugs on my injector harness did not fit my GTR injectors.

The edge of plastic on the injector which fits in line with the plug is slightely off centre for the standard injectors.

Basically had to file away this 'guide' and the plug fitted.

Was wondering if any one else had this problem...

Yep, thats a common problem and is overcome by filing the tabs down as you did

I bought my injectors from Japan and they came off an RB20 so that was already done before I bought them

• 2 months later...
Yep, thats a common problem and is overcome by filing the tabs down as you did

I bought my injectors from Japan and they came off an RB20 so that was already done before I bought them

theres no harm in that but if you want it all spot on you can buy the right plugs pretty cheap. they are generic 2 pin Bosch EFI plugs. thats what fits the GTR ones that is.

• 1 month later...

i will be wiring in a gtr resistor pack for the gtr injectors on my silvertop.

im going to do this by leaving as much of the loom in place so where is a good place to get the power feed for the pack from.

is it the white/black wire? & is it in the main loom that comes from the firewall over the top of the head over number 6cyl?

i was just going to get the pack power from there, cut the individual white/black wires from the injectors & connect them to the pins on the pack.

just would like to find where on the motor/enginebay the main power feed for the pack is

thanks

The looms std 12V power wire feeds the front 3 cylinders directly, then goes into a plug above the thermostat that doubles back along the fuel rail supplying the injectors for cylinders 4 through 6 - You will be able to identify it once you start doing the wiring, without looking at the loom it self its quiet hard to describe which wire it is exactly

It's one wire that then splits into 3 to power 3 of the plugs, you'll work out with one it is. You can see it to the right of this picture

462STD_RB20DET_Stripped_Inj_Loom.JPG

yeah i read that at the start, although my monitors here at work are much bigger/better than the laptop at home so it does look like the wire is white with a black stripe.

all i have to do then is cut that white/black wire just before it splits into 4, but i was hoping someone could tell me where that connection is roughly or where its fed from so i can splice in the pack from there.

its ok now if no one can, once i get the injectors out i will find it then.

thanks a lot