SAU Community

Gtr Injectors Into Rb20det

Roy

sorry to dig up the thread but im about to do this mod as well once i find some r32 gtr injectors

but i dont know if i should use the gtr ballast resistor or make my own as everyone is saying the gtr resistor is 6.7ohm where as people are saying a 10ohm resistor is needed as stock rb20det injectors are 14ohm compared to gtr injectors which are 4ohm

should i get the gtr resistor or make my own?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

awesome thread, for newbies, dont attemp unless ur mechanicly minded, i ended up sourcing a gtr resistor pack in the end and changed the injector plugs, bosch items, $12ea from burson/autopro/repco etc...... modifing the std plugs to suit was too tedious for me.. great thread again...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

PLUG PART NUMBER

**BK402** - these are ACA not bosch.they are sold in a pack of 2 plugs with pigtail.

purchased at BURSONS.(they keep these in stock so no waiting)

works out about $9 cheaper (for a set of six) than the bosch's from what i found and the quick release pins seem much thicker on these.

hope that helps guys =D

J.R

• 1 month later...

Going to make up my own resistor pack, just confirming the resistors I need.

10Ohm and 10 watt should be sufficient?

I = V/R = 12/14 = 0.85Amp

P = VI = 12 * 0.85 = 10.3 Watt

Now being as we are operating under the engine bay where temps are ridiculous is a 10 watt resistor going to be sufficient? Or should I use two 5Ohm resistors in series?

Also how are you guys joining the wires in the engine bay, are you using high quality solder joins where you splay the wires together and then use heatshrink, or are you using crimp connectors? I figure my injectors are one of the most important parts of the engine so I want to do it properly, what would you guys recommend?

Edited by Rolls

I have used Jaycar 7ohm ceramic resistors with no problems before. Their rectangular and about 3cm long from memory. From what I can recall the gtr's resistance is 7ohm in their pack.

Can somebody confirm the resistance?

I just soldered and heatshrinked everything with no probs for years.

http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/injector...hnical/faq.html

Just read this, does this mean the GTR injectors technically need different driving circuitry to run optimally as they are peak and hold instead of constant current?

I'm guessing as nissan installed a resistor box in the GTRs from factory it is of no issue but probably means the injectors are not being operated optimally.

• 2 weeks later...
We used six 10 ohm 10 watt resistors in my car. Got a bread board from jaycar and a box which it fits in. Everything was soldered.

Thats what I think I will do with mine. Do they have boxes with screw terminals mounted in them? Or did you have to glue it all together?

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question for those of you who have already done this.

Will the car run on the standard ECU with the GTR injectors? I.E will I be able to drive 30kms to get my nistune put in?

Cheers.