SAU Community

Gtr Injectors Into Rb20det

Roy

I'm planning to upgrade my injectors soonish so I've started to look around now. My current injectors are a little sus, as my fuel tank was rusted to the shithouse and some of that red stuff must have gotten through the fuel filter. Starting is difficult and fuel economy around 14L / 100km.

Getting a nistune in a couple of weeks, and apart from a 3" hiflow exhaust my HCR32 is completly stock, so I was thinking a more modern type of injector with improved atomisation would be better for response and economy, does anyone have opinions on how these ASNU / Bosch injectors compare to the Nismo ones?

http://www.asnuperformance.com.au/

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, not sure why but GTR injectors just seem to give poor economy from the tuner I spoke to, he said they also commonly leak through the injector body, I know mine did both of these things but I can't comment on the truth of how common it is or why.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Old thread I know but I have a quick question, Instead of wiring in 6 resistors close to the injector can you not just wire in 1 resistor on the 12v feed before it splits in to 3 then the other 3? Just 2 conections to make instead of 12 or is there something im missing?

As it is batch fire 3 injectors fire at once, so if you multiply the resistance by 3 and use a single resistor it would work imo.

Sorry my bad divide it by 3 as V = I*R so V/I = R so if you have 3x as much current you require 3x less resistance

12/1.2 amps = 10 ohms, as 3 injectors will fire at once you have 3x as much current so 12/3.6 = 3.33 ohms

Obviously the battery is closer to 13v and hence lower amps but the theory is the same however you probably can't buy a 3.33 ohm resistor, to get an equivalent resistance of 3.33 ohms you could run 3x10 ohm resistors in parallel bunched together, be easier to solder in one big lump than putting one on each injector.

Up to you I guess.

• 2 months later...

What is the nicest way to wire the resistor to the 3 injectors in the sub harness so you can still unplug it from the main harness when pulling the motor out?

I understand that for one injector you could use the existing wiring, but what about the other 2 in the sub harness.

Hope that makes sense

• 8 months later...

Got ecutalk or nistune? ECU might have picked up a fault and won't prime the fuel pump because it thinks something is wrong.

Perhaps something is shorted out, do the injectors all fire and the engine still run?

no nistune/ ecu talk... cant even get the ecu in diagnostics mode :dry:

engine does crank, did not start when pump was hard wired, injectors are getting power

am going to install stock injectors again and redo wiring back, isnt the daily so not a big waste

• 4 years later...