SAU Community

It's official!! I'm now the proud owner of an R33

Hey guys, got a few things to say.

First and most importantly, minutes ago I sold my ford, this means I GET MY 1996 R33 SKYLINE YAYAYYA!! The ford was the amount I owed on the R33. So I will soon be the proud owner of my dream car, something I thought would never happen.

Funny thing is, the whole existence of this forum was a big part of what started this infatuation with skylines. I mean I always loved them, but just the vibe in SDU, reading about all the mods and the entire 852 post Free Horsepower thread.. I was hooked, I had to have one! Whenever an obstacle came up, the forums would be there to solve the problem and keep me on track to driving and owning my skyline.

These forums also facilitated the "right" purchase of my skyline. After reading all the past “good importer” threads and taking into consideration all your opinions and comments on them I went and visited Dean at UP Imports. After only a minute of chatting you could tell he was as enthusiastic as you about skylines. I would just like to thank Dean Windram and Chris from Ultimate Performance Imports who I purchased the car from. They have been fantastic and I can highly recommend them to anyone wanting to import a jap car at the right price. They are upfront and honest in the way they run their business, they both own skylines, and are always there to answer your questions however stupid they maybe.

My friend Steven who I am sure will grace you with his presence in due time has also purchased a car from Dean which is currently on the docs in Melbourne. Our cars should be ready on almost the same day and what a memorable day that will be! We have also started a small website http://r33skyline.com (check it out) which I am sure will be filled with information when we actually GET our cars J

In regard to this whole SDU SAU thing, for a newbi such as myself, the search engine on SDU became my information resource. I have spent hours reading the forums and they are an extremely valuable resource to any skyline owner/future owner with the wealth of knowledge on them. I think the idea of the two clubs being brothers/sisters is a great idea, both sites can link to each other and be strongly affiliated. Perhaps we can even share the same forum? Have a members section where only members can post, and just have moderators for the rest.

After I test drove the R33, my dad, Steve and myself couldn’t remove the smiles from our faces for 3 days! Can’t wait till next week! Hurry up Dean!!

Thanks Denton

Cool,,,another brother....... Hope to see some pics,,,,You and Steve should come on some cruises. Nothing like the looks on faces as we cruise through there towns. I remember on Shell's Canberra cruise, we went through some town where some Bikies were drinking at and there jaws were on the road,,,I couldn't help myself,,,I had to drop a 2nd gear spin,,,,that just got them yelling and mass aplause.

Congratulations Denton!! ;)

bet u can't wait till it's in your garage :)

It's good to hear you got a lot of info on SDU. We've all learnt a lot from that forum (well i have anyway) and hopefully SAU will build into a good database of info too. As long as SDU stays free, we can refer to both :D

"Sister" clubs might be on option down the track. Would be good!

and yeah...is it red?? :P

Haha, red devils :P

Denton's is a

1996 R33 Spec 2

GTR front,

GUNMETAL ;)

HKS Exhaust

HKS Air Pod

18" 5 Spoke, 3 piece, Deep Dish

(Yet to be fitted)

Wheels are sitting at my house in their boxes hehe, ppl are like

you bought wheels for a car you dont even have yet :D

Steve's car is a

1995 R33

WHITE :)

Jap kit,

Poof Spoiler "as Dean put it"

17" rims

Sunroof

LOWERED and i mean LOWERED

oh and a big fu*k off Tacho

Check out the pics at

r33skyline.com goto Gallery for mine and Steve for his :)

Enjoy :)

Denton...

Looks nice mate... Only that it has a Series 2 interior, but has a Series 1 front. Looks like the radiator support has been replaced too...

Previous owner probably rear-ended someone and decided to put a Series 1 front on there...

Will look awesome with your new wheels on there!!! :P You'll have to cruise upto Sydney and show us all ;)

Merli. :uh-huh:

Hey Merli!

Yes, interesting.. I noticed that to. Originally I wanted a 95 model with a GTR front. Then this one came up. It has had a minor front accident and apparently, the spec 2 headlights and bonnet where hard to come by/expensive. So they (not sure who exactly) replaced them with spec 1 headlights, bonnet, and a GTR front bar.

Still, in the flesh it looks a lot better, and with 16,000k on the clock I can't really complain. Car is in immac condition, sounds and goes great! Perhaps later on I can source some spec 2 headlights/bonnet.

Nah mate...

If you want that GTR look, stick with the Series 1 headlights, because all GTRs came with those shape headlights... No R33 GTRs were released with the Series 2 headlights!!! :P

Yeah, looks like a very clean car... Spotless interior too!!!

Well done, and welcome to the world of skylines and endless boost ;)

So merli, speaking from all your experiences. What should I do next. I mean for sure I want to mod my car but whats the BEST and most SAFEST way (not necessarily the cheapest) to go about it. Get on icq :P

Definitely suspension :P

I reckon R33s handle like boats with stock suspension ;) I got a full whiteline kit put on mine for about $3000, and it was the best modification I have done to the car!!!!

It makes it so much more fun to drive, and makes it MUCH faster around tight racetracks like Wakefield Park...

After that's sorted, then go for your power mods :D

Electronic Boost Controller

ECU (PowerFC?)

Front mount intercooler

Fuel System

BIG TURBO!!!!! :)

Yay :)

Ok that sounds wayyyy too much power :P I dont wanna go overboard, and there is this thing called insurance, and these other guys called police who would have a field day with all that.

I was thinking, dump pipe (maybe front/high flow cat), GTR intercooler, CAI with air feed, S-AFC, Boost Controller (not sure which). But all in due time, i'm pretty sure after driving a 4lt Auto ford for the last 4 years, this is gonna keep me happy for a while as is.

Ahhhh...

I assumed that you already had a full exhaust! If not, definitely get a dump pipe, front pipe and 3" cat... You'll get a nice power gain out of these...

When I just put the 3.5" C-West cat-back system on mine, I got no power gain... It's only when I did the front part of the exhaust that I got a nice power gain!!

Get a PowerFC, not an S-AFC... Not *that* much more, and it's a full programmable ECU, not just an Air/Fuel Controller

For boost control, I use an APEXi AVC-R and I swear by it :P

alot of ppl have been saying the blitz boost controller is awesome.. there was a really good comparison someone did a couple months back where they ran each boost controller and the blitz come up tops on the dyno test followed by th avcr..

one thing id like to have is dual boost levels at the press of a button.. im not sure if the avcr has that?? i was told u gotta go through a menu to select different boost levels.. which is a bit of a bitch if u ask me...

mods should be done depending on what ure gonna do with the car.. if track work is ure thing.. then suspension and tyres are enough..

and ud be surprised how quickly u get used to the power.. i wish i had a dollar for all the times ppl told me.. that should do me, i wont need anymore power than that ;)

denton.. always check with insurance before undertaking any mods.. im lucky just cars lets me do whatever i want to the car as long as i tell em..

and as for defects.. its just luck i suppose.. keep all ure original parts and if u ever do get defected put em back on .. then get cleared.. then put the parts back on.. thats what most ppl i know do..