SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

Howdy, i have a power fc djetro for a s15 sr20det. all is well and good apart from one thing, i cannot read japanese and the whole manual is in jap!

is there a diagram on pin outs for the IAT wiring around anywhere?

any help appreciated

hi

the powerfc is modelled exactly of the std ecu for your car, that is, the pinouts match exactly, thats why its plug and play

so if you can find the pinout diagram for s15 SR20 then thats the same as the powerfc pin out

the powerfc S15 SR20det djetro will use the same AIT wire as the stock ecu on SR20 S15 ecu

Not sure if this is silly question, but what exactly is the base map (been messing around with an RB26 D-Jetro)

I have only ever really messed with RB25 Power FC's and have never seen the base map before.

Having trouble getting it to start, but it idles fine once its running so just wondering if the Base map might be the issue. Played with the Cranking ms etc and still doesnt want to start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

Maybe I missed something or didn't search hard enough so please don't burn me.

I was looking around the market for a PFC for the HCR32 RB20det and can't find them anywhere. I've found alot of people saying that one was either discontinued or it was specially made from another company or something. I just wanted to know if the R33 RB25DET PFC/Controller would work on my Rb20?

I'm sure someone has already brought this up, but I guess my searching skills are not up to par :(

Hello,

Maybe I missed something or didn't search hard enough so please don't burn me.

I was looking around the market for a PFC for the HCR32 RB20det and can't find them anywhere. I've found alot of people saying that one was either discontinued or it was specially made from another company or something. I just wanted to know if the R33 RB25DET PFC/Controller would work on my Rb20?

I'm sure someone has already brought this up, but I guess my searching skills are not up to par :(

Nvm I found the answer. I just need to search better. :D

• 4 months later...

G'day all,

Can anyone with a R32 or R33 GTR running D-Jetro PFC help me out with their FC-Commander readings? Paul maybe you have come across this info in your years of PFC guru'ness?

Just want to know if (on rb26 d-jetro PFC):

1. the front map sensor is PIM1 and rear is PIM2, and

2. the front O2 sensor is O2-1 and rear is O2-2?

Easy to check, just disconnect the front one, switch ignition to on and then check sensors under ETC... should read 0.0v (ish) for the disconnected one.

Can check the O2 sensor as well by running car until it goes closed loop, switch off O2 feedback then disconnect front O2 sensor in engine bay. Check the sensors display and the disconnected one will read 0.04V (ish).

I have checked the ECU pinouts and wiring diagrams, and mine are wired in the right way (did pin to pin checks)... BUT on the FC-Commander display it shows that PIM2 is front map sensor and O2-2 is front O2 sensor. That would appear to be back to front?

Anyone who can spare the time to check theirs and post up their findings would be heaps appreciated. Can't find this info anywhere.

Cheers

I've been searching the web for an answer to this for a week, didnt find one in this thread either... Anyone that actually know?

Think I might have mixed up my front and rear O2 sensor, but since I cant find anything about them I can only confirm which one is 1 and 2.

Got the regular (non d-jetro) PFC

Thanks in advance.

Edited by K_arlstrom

I'm not sure either, but since my wideband lambda says the car is running rich again (and I recently replaced the O2 sensors) I can't ignore the "what if" the front O2 sensor affects the 3 front injectors and same for the rear?

The front sensor reports the engine running lean (0.0V most of the time, jumps up to about 0.5V when I press the throttle and acceleration enrichment comes to play) and the rear one says it's running rich (about 0.8V most of the time).

O2 feedback is enabled, and O2 sensor reg is disabled. From what I understand the O2 reg setting is for compatibility with the older 12mm thread sensors, and I got the 18mm "new" sensors in my downpipes.

This leaves me with 2 options as far as I can see:

1. The front O2 sensor broke down after 1 week and about 200km driving

2. Something happened to the injector controller and one of the front injectors isn't opening as it should.

I've switched the 3 front and rear injectors to rule them out.

Thanks for your time, and you deserv a mental high five for your homepage!

EDIT on above:

Found the pinout, pin 29, front oxygen sensor, is the square one, called O2-1 in the PFC. Took my time to measure on the car.

Now I will try and switch the sensors around to rule out ECU breakdown before I send my new sensor back to australia...

Edited by K_arlstrom

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2016 at 5:04 AM, dee242 said:

My fc edit is not working anyone have software or solutions its saying rb25t1-d version 8.00 is not yet supported

hi, you would need to ask fc datalogit people to update their version of FC EDIt. I think you have the newly released RB25 Djetro which is not supported by FC Edit and the datalogit guys probably dont know about it yet

• 3 years later...

Hello. The website that hosts this FAQ has been closed as I got sick of it being hacked by Wordpress exploits which means the link in the first post won’t work.

I can add up a PDF copy of this document if you want as I haven’t added any new content for a number of years now. 

Please advise 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

wow thread revival level expert ;)

I reckon post the PDF, i don't need it but i know how knowledgeable and how much time you put into the community it would be a shame to loose that information even if Apexi is deadish

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 3:29 AM, paulr33 said:

Hello. The website that hosts this FAQ has been closed as I got sick of it being hacked by Wordpress exploits which means the link in the first post won’t work.

I can add up a PDF copy of this document if you want as I haven’t added any new content for a number of years now. 

Please advise 

@paulr33 Can I get a copy of that PDF. Was not expecting the site to ever get removed. It would help immensely. 

Edited by WayneTH23

2 hours ago, jmknights93 said:

Anyone who wants to check the website can use "wayback machine". I found a lot of the information very helpfull, it'd be a real shame if the information gets lost.

Good looks man. That worked for me.

On 9/25/2019 at 5:29 PM, paulr33 said:

Please advise 

Can i have a copy Paul, thanks.