SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

My car is in the shop at the moment and the guys are unable to get the ecu to communicate withe PC. Not 100% sure on the issue but will find out more tomorrow.

They are waiting on a reply from fc datalogit but from what I have read I dont think I should hold my breath.

How did you go with this?

I put my new one in today and the version 7 power fc wont communicate, but I just had to send a scan (FC-Edit did this automatically) in an email to the guys at fc-datalogit and am just awaiting a reply. But if you have answers before they get back to me it will be great so I can put my tune into the new Power FC

Can't edit so I will do another post.

FYI Paul, if you want to put it in the FAQ, for a version 7.00 Power FC for RB25DET (AKA the new release ones) you need FC-Edit Version 2.130k for the ECU to talk to FC Edit :)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Will you update the FAQ on apexi's release of new PFC's with d-jethro for RB25DET ECR33 ? The part number is 4E14BN32 and fits series 1&2. Finally gts-t owners can get rid of the AFM unit and still keep the NVCS system(since RB26DET pfc d-jethro conversions lost that feature).

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Will you update the FAQ on apexi's release of new PFC's with d-jethro for RB25DET ECR33 ? The part number is 4E14BN32 and fits series 1&2. Finally gts-t owners can get rid of the AFM unit and still keep the NVCS system(since RB26DET pfc d-jethro conversions lost that feature).

hi sorry for the mega late reply. i can but i need someone who has this model in their car. the main things i am after is ETC, VERSION - SENSOR SW CHECK and also SETTING, AIRFLOW (or SENSOR)

some screen shots will help for the FAQ as these are the main content items to include. so if someone has this model working with photos i can put it up

• 3 weeks later...

What are the reasons that a power fc would make the engine light flash.

Most common will be knock....

May also flash due to injectors maxing out etc etc

Is covered in full in the Apexi FAQ.... Many many topics on this.

Helo. Quick question. If I have a q45afm and power fc. How come my car runs a lot nicer when I select r33afm in settings,Apart from the lite popping at idle. When I select q45 it runs like shit, there's too much fuel everywhere idle and boost. The only plus side is it has a lot smoother idle although richer 11.0.

All this is the same if I load a previous owners tune or if I load a sample map or even if I data init.

in case this helps others,

Hey mate thanks so much for all the guides you provide they are invaluable. i am trying to figure out why the second hand pfc i have is getting stuck on the apexi splash screen.
the ecu says FC1 r33 inside the shell and PFC rb26 9811-0011 on the outside of the shell.
Does this ECU need the FCC NT hand controller?
the one i was sent is FCC3 010-00722
are there any other reasons it would freeze on the apexi logo if these are indeed compatible.
regards

yes you need either FCC NT or FCC4

if you goto nengun.com you can buy the EL hand controller brand new as it works on all PFC versions (it's FCC4)

FCC2/FCC3 are hard set for the newer PFC's

that is, PFCs with RB26XXXXXX as the serial are older style PFCS and PFCS with serial ECR33-XXXXXX (or BCNR33-XXXXX) are newer style PFCs

same functionality, same features, different firmware.

the PFCS that are RB26XXXXXX were sold seperately with hand controller where as PFCs with BCNR33-XXXXXX (for example) were sold as PFC and hand controller bundle

basically apexi made original PFCS to suit the engine then the "newer style" were sold to suit CHASSIS instead of engine code

so

PFC RB26-XXXXXXX (old, needs FCC NT or FCC4)

to

PFC BNR34-XXXXXXXX (new, needs FCC3 or FCC4)

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys, Just switched to larger injectors.

Needed to go in and update the latency and cc's. I dont have a commander.

Friend dropped by with his Commander and Datalogit. Commander is universal.

We can not get either one of them to connect to my ecu.

Power to Pin 58, 12v.

Motor is an RB25 S2 in it.

Any ideas?

Car runs perfectly fine, just wont connect to either piece.

• 3 weeks later...