SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

• 7 months later...

Im sorry to be digging up an old post, but I have been trying to find some information on the EL hand controllers and in particular the issue of the screen going dim and becoming un readable.

My car is running an R32 GTR Power FC and 4 years ago I swapped my original hand controller for a new EL hand controller as it was way easier to read while driving.

I have noticed the last time I used the car the readout was very dim, even with brightness at 100% and I just went to start it and give it a run and the display is now almost unreadable, especially in the sun. My car gets stuff all use, in the 4 years its probably had no more than 20 drives, so fair to say, Im very dissapointed with the lifespan of the display!

Has anyone had this issue and how did you fix it?

Thanks and sory again for diging up an old thread.

Are you handy on the solder iron? I can point you in the direction of replacing the screen yourself. I've done this quite a few times for myself and a couple mates. (There was a light reflection when photos were taken)

1.jpg.29c14f746f7eb1d5f050310180b14b54.jpg

2.jpg.6d35359bc3cf91acc72e676ebde048c0.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 13/11/2019 at 10:45 AM, paulr33 said:

updated the first post also, happy reading from 2012....

Hello Paul,
I thought that may be you can help me. When I tune jzx90 toyota chaser with power fc I have an interesting issue which I couldn’t solve. Issue is when I plug in tps sensor socket and make wide open throttle car bogs (like boost cut but off course its not a boost cut because no boost yet.) and when I plug off tps socket engine check light comes on but engine revs and boost comes on without any bog. On power fc commander vta1 is 0.4v at idle and at wot its around 4.1v.  If you can advise some solutions to me I will be happy, may be I did something wrong but tps looks fine because voltage increase when throttle opened and check engine light goes of when I plug in the tps socket. Thank you in advance.

• 3 months later...

Hey!

Some fresh up for the thread.

I've developed adapter for Power FC that can feed all the ECUs data to your iOS/Android. If somebody still interesting in such a stuff in 2021, I can start a thread about it here.

gauges.jpg.f1906332cb5978102d4d16a7e522cb4d.jpgboost_kit_sm.jpg.ada7f56e670b8faee9090fe5e95daec0.jpg

• Like 2

It's probably worth a separate thread, but I'd say that is very interesting. Lots of people running PFC, since nothing has changed about the fact they are a cheap and easy way to tune an RB for 90% of uses. Plus I think they will start to be desirable for the "keep the purity" crowd who want period modifications.

In fact, Power Fc's electronic is very solid according to many others (including that modern ECUs). Good old japanese industrial technologies.

Duncan, thanks for your opinion, I'll start a thread later.

• Like 1