SAU Community

Stop baggin HSVs

Because Group A was dead as a category internationally, even in Europe where GT-R's didn't even race.

Racing has long since realised that modifying road cars is an exercise is stupidity. If you want to go racing, make a racing car.

:) To quote Sean Connery. Untouchable..."Here endeth the lesson":)

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SkylineKiller Tell me this.

Why did they ban GT-Rs from Bathurst?

Because the rules back then didnt cater for the Turbo charged cars. The GTRs were pumping 600HP, the group A Cars where pumping 500HP. There was no rules governing the HP of cars.

How would u feel if there were 700HP Group As racing a 500HP GTR.

:) read what Gojira had to say, that way next time you will have the facts for an argument:(

Vaseline? So i need vaseline to get a girl to talk dirty to me:confused:

the japanese have made an astonishing impact on motorsport around the world...... F1,Rally touring cars,motorcross and road racing.....dont take credit away where its deserved....And i STILL want to go anal on that chick in the pic :)

Dick head, are you comparing standard production cars or modified cars, what is this 7500HP V8 shit.

While we are at it, the spce shuttle's three SSMEs produce just over 37 million horsepower. I'll have to admit that is more power than my skyline.

383 supercharged stroker

Chris Catouli's LC Supercharged torana.. street driven

7.33 sec @ 178.3 mph

The Earth revolves around the Sun at a speed of about 18.5 miles/sec (30 km/sec).

oh noes111!!!! that's faster than my Skyline

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCMarshall_Law

HAHA, fair enough, I was just trying to point out that the Group A skyline and the V8 supercars are race preped standard production cars  

OK... and which bit of that is supposed to make sense?

Your getting posts mixed up I was replying to Roy's post, please read the quote above my post

well... if pushrods are so inefficient...   i will just keep refering back to the 7500HP KBs

inefficient??? thats 1071HP per ltr

2.8 ltr 1500HP RB 26?? only 538HP Per ltr :D

yeah, really, jeez lets organise a group buy so we can all drop one in our engine bay. It would make daily driving a breeze. :)

i thought the reason you started this thread was to stop baggin hsv's

"Its not hard to make any car quick around corners.... spend the $$$ and any car can go fast."

Sunk under the weight of your own bs. If this is the case, why start with a car that handles like crap in stock form due to being designed primarily as a large passenger/family vehicle? I'd rather (assuming my objective was to go fast and corner well) start with something smaller that has an intelligent AWD system (like, oh, I don't know ATTESSA perhaps) and has been designed as a sports car from the beginning.

I don't hate Holdens. My first car was an LX Torana and I loved it. I am even willing to agree that a new HSV Clubsport is a very quick car. However, to claim that it is an intrinsically superior performance car to a GTR is flat out ludicrous. When HSV get around to doing something with the new Torana, I'll be impressed.

Oh and as for you claiming never to have lost to any Skyline down the 1/4, you must know that there are plenty of 10sec street legal GTRs out there. Easy to keep winning if you pick your competition carefully enough: Anthony Mundine is living proof of this.

dont know what cars you've have raced mate but iv given most of my HSV races a "rolling" and start dont make much difference ,not that most races should be even raced like that last time i checked they race off the mark when under the lights? So who really cares what the outcome maybe on a "rolling" ?

Oh and as for you claiming never to have lost to any Skyline down the 1/4, you must know that there are plenty of 10sec street legal GTRs out there. Easy to keep winning if you pick your competition carefully enough: Anthony Mundine is living proof of this.

(my car is good for 9s on slicks)

and there are no 10 second GTRs in WA

and also, there are quicker holden 5ltrs out there.... in a straight line... i definatly wouldnt go a GTR, ide go a V8

and an R34 GTR is just as big in size as a clubsport... and theres only 200kg weight difference....

WHy?? cause the clubbie is a balance of luxury aswel... the GTR has a pox job interior.

clubbies got leather interior, aircon, GPS nav, ect ect.

You really must be bored to make another thread on here eh champ. You should really just give up, and head back over to your LS1 forums, and suck some more bogan dick.

You were owned the first time, why try agian? :)

Because I’m such an ass, I should send off another complaint about your car to the Police. Heh. :D