SAU Community

Fresh from Japan pics

Beer Baron

Lucien, I can't believe you bought a house in leichardt without off street parking. My girlfriend lived on Norton street for 3 years and when she moved there made sure that the place had two secure car spaces. I just bought a place in stanmore, about 2 minutes from leichardt and it has a lock up garage and I wouldn't have it any other way. If you can't build a garage on your property I have to agree with nxtime. sell it up and get a place with a nice garage. parking in wollongong is a bit extreme! and I don't know that it'd be any safer there.

hmmm, maybe I could rent you my garage for a while? either way parking it on the street is bad, and I don't know of any insurance company that will cover you for a GTR that is not garaged. It certainly is a tough problem...

Maybe ask someone in the forum if they'll rent you one of their spots? or ask me nicely if you can rent my full brick, lock up garage in stanmore for a while? :(:)

appart from all that, the car looks great. can I ask where you went for the steam clean?

I didn't buy the house, the parents did, and it was bought a 10 years ago when the issue of offstreet parking wasn't a ... errr.. issue :) Love the house, love the area (except for the fsckers who mess with other people's cars), don't want to move. :)

Thanks for the suggestion re: your garage. At the moment I will confine my search to Leichhardt and see what I come up with. If I get desperate, I might PM you :) My search really hasn't started in earnest as there isn't much of a hurry: the car is in Wollongong so I can work on it off street with the fatherly figure (you know, bonding, blah blah blah) and still has some stuff that needs doing.

Car is insured through NRMA at the moment: I don't think there will be any problems at all ;)

As for the steam cleaning, it was done somewhere in Wollongong (father organised it). I assume you want somewhere a little closer ;) I know that Nathan recommended some guys (who are apparently also on SAU) that do detailing: they might have steam cleaning facilities? Otherwise, just check the yellowpages as there are a tonne of detailing places.

Lucien.

Fair enough. I'm lucky that my parents place is only in chatswood and has 3 lockup garage spaces, and the place I bought in stanmore has one too.

You are very lucky that they will insure you without a garage. very lucky.

i ask nathan this arvo the name of the place.

now I need to stop whoring my own thread :Oops:

so where's all these pics?

here's some before shots at the docks

10364Dsc00223-med.jpg  

10364Dsc00217-med.jpg  

10364Dsc00218-med.jpg  

and after the respray

10364Dsc00306-med.jpg

Hey I see you took the real spoiler off and the badges on the side? how come?

My car is coming end of next month and it already has had the spoiler taken off! I'm also thinking of a respray but not really sure if I want to put on on or leave it off.

What do you think? and yeah are tiy selling the one that came off?

Hey I see you took the real spoiler off and the badges on the side? how come?

My car is coming end of next month and it already has had the spoiler taken off! I'm also thinking of a respray but not really sure if I want to put on on or leave it off.

What do you think? and yeah are tiy selling the one that came off?

looks better without the badges, i just haven't been arsed to put the spoiler back on yet

looks hot without the spoiler but I realised this after it was painted which sux, could've welded the holes up, how much do you want to pay for the spoiler?