SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Tas Whoretown

Keegs

Oi Matt, this fatty said she wants too stick it in j00r a$$ ken.  

Welcome strutt-dogg. :cheers:

oh really...keep pushing its only a matter of time till the pranks begin at this rate..>:D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi octane do a kit that puts the pump under the alternator but you can’t use an ls1 style alternator with it you can put the tank in the bay it just requires cutting a hole in the inner guard for it to fit through 
    • Hi, For my next build, I would like to go to dry sump but I have a few questions : A. I would like to keep the AC, so it looks like it's possible to mount the oil pump below the alternator. B.1. I would love to find room for the oil tank in the engine bay (by removing/reallocating the fuse box) however I'm afraid of the efficiency of the oil tank as it will not be a bottle design ?   2. or in the driver side front bumper, but same as above + quite annoying when refilling oil or even checking oil level...I only saw some R35 with this location (no R32-R34) Conclusion it looks like the best area is the trunk or the rear seats which is quite annoying for a "street" car C. How can I know how many oil liters the engine needs per RPM ? I'm looking into the selection of the correct pressure of my oil pump but I don't know how to do it ? D. Goal is 600-700WHP, street and track days (no drag or launch control to save the transmissions) and since my front trans already broke (due to incorrect ratio => previous owner). I know what's involved if it brakes again D.1. Considering my application and power level, do you think I should go with a kiwi oil pan (with separate front diff case) ? or it's not likely it will brake and I'm better putting the money somewhere else. "Money is not the issue". The question is does it worth it ?   Thanks for your advices !
    • I'm sure there is some older threads about this, but I expect that the guards and indicators are wider on GTR than GTST, so it won't match up. If I remember correctly there were aftermarket "GTR style" front bars made for GTST which would be a better way to go, or change the guards/indicators as well if you can get them
    • Some of the tribal "rah this turbo brand" or "rah that turbo brand" does my head in, especially where people give "advice" which is pretty clearly actually based on their biases.   Ironically a build I'm involved with is also centered around a divided hotside Precision PT6266 Gen2 on a "true" split pulse cast manifold and we're going to be using it on a 2JZGTE.   The owner had been convinced to upgrade to an EFR8374 when his car had pretty bad lag issues which were actually nothing to do with the turbo itself, and it didn't have a lot of miles on - like yours I expect it will be a super effective street setup which will probably surprise some people in terms of the power and response it's capable of. Half the time the issues the bigger name turbos have are to do installation or how they're matched to the engine they're on.   I've seen some turbo speed data on how some Precisions are used on bigger builds and it's amazing how far into "overspeed" territory their compressors stay efficient - imho a certain amount of their reliability reputation is effectively them being a victim of their own success in that fact.   Aside from you know, the likes of Tilton and RP968 but they are pretty much having their own private WTAC battle half the time so I guess don't count.