SAU Community

Auto to Manual Conversion Brisbane?

zymotic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you might be lucky.. as it's a day's work, if you know what you are doing, probably 2 if not. It's not something you'd choose to do for 'fun'.

I think v8man is pretty much ob the ball with the list of parts, as I'm just in the process of collecting them myself. He did miss tailshaft though, which is an important one (I paid $150 for my manual shaft)

ECU does not have to be changed, but thats been covered. Auto in manual req eCU change, manual into auto not. It will work anyhow, if there are any issues, change it later.

There is some basic wiring you have to do too with neutral switch and a few other things. I don't think you have to change the cluster.. maybe on R33 as it has the christmas tree auto thing in there. but R32 they are exact same (I have two clusters sitting around).

You will need to change your speedo sender too, for the different ratios - or your speedo will be out.

Does anybody know where you can get the selector fork from and boot? From memory it looks very similar to R31 one (nearly identical sized box).. but i didn't get one with my box :P

For R33 boys you're looking at about $2000 in parts, so it won't be cheap.. There is no place that sells the kits "complete" afaik so you'll have to hunt for a halfcut, wreck, or a wrecker (who will charge you big bickies).

Already for my cheap ass box, and rest of the bits on the R32, it's going to be up around the $1000 mark for the bits.

wasnt aware tailshaft was different....but i was ready for it as a lot of times they are...

catch can ....i can to that tomorrow arv i suppose.....after 4....50 bux it'll cost ya....

i hope you have all the bolts for it...other wise ill have to look thru my box of bolt and i cant guarantee ill have the right ones....

yeah i guess....off the top of my head you will also need hose clamps,,,,,,rather than wast you time...you should come round so i can check it out first, uncase there is more stuff you need to get.....that way it will be straight forward when i do it...

STZ automotive in Northgate are pretty good and they have extensive experience on skylines.

i don't have the number on me at the moment but its in the white pages too.

they are in Landy St Northgate.

they did my silvia rb20det conversion + manual conversion and a few other goodies.

How much was the conversion?

the R32 half cut = $2000

hybrid copy intercooler + piping $530

SR20 front brakes = $100

complete workshop charge (engine, wiring, exhaust hooking up, front brake change, intercooler mounting + manual conversion included) = $1500 - 1600

i get the car back anyday now, (closed for easter)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 14 years later...
On 15/03/2005 at 8:35 AM, V8skylineMAN said:

if you have ALL the required parts im sure i could do the job for you. a lot cheaper that a workshop...but dont get me wrong it'll still cost ya

Hey man I have a 2008 ford falcon bf I was wondering if you would be able to convert it into manual from auto, I live in Brisbane btw 

On 15/03/2005 at 8:35 AM, V8skylineMAN said:

if you have ALL the required parts im sure i could do the job for you. a lot cheaper that a workshop...but dont get me wrong it'll still cost ya

Hey man I