SAU Community

R32->R34 bodykit, cool or uncool?

Informer

ive seen a back lexus in aus with a massive wide body kit, proba an extra 5-6" wider on each side. this is tame compared to that one. whether they will let it pass i dunno but it looks factory enough to talk your way thru. if this lexus and those kakimoto wide body liners are allowed on road i dont why this kit cant. im no expert...lol

ps is that a 32??

the black and white, is advertising what is the body kit and what isnt.... i think.... but i love it, im dreamin of this on my R32 four door....

"hmmmmmmmm, sh*t! could you pass me a tissue"

yeah, its nice... but the only reason you'd get it is if you were overly concious about weight differences betweent he R32 and the R34, wanted a RWD with GTR looks, or couldn't afford a real R34.

The guys in Canada will be all over this kit as they can't own anything other than 15 eyar old R32's. Over here its a slightly different story. That said, a guy in SA has made his own R32 -> R34 conversion, not as phat as the Bee-R R324 but still pretty clever.

I've seen that car in the metal and to be honest only hardcore Skyline enthusiasts can spot that it's really an R32... but when ordinary people figure it out they do it's like "oh..." you know? Like they got excited that it was a legit R34 then realized it's just a poor old R32 :) thats what happened while I was at Osaka Auto Messe...

i think its awesome, the japs are getting crazy with front end conversions, just recently saw an R32/180 conversion.

something different, yet tasteful. i dont think its got anything to do with making your r32 into a 34 because you cant afford it, the conversion costs around $10000, if youve got $10000 to spend on a front end, you can afford a 34.

cheers

Linton

I saw the Bee-R 324s at Tokyo Autosalon and I have to admit they did look pretty good in the flesh. I think the photos don't do it justice. Personally I think that an R32GTR looks better with an R32GTR front end. It's a beatiful, purposeful shape and should be left as is imo. 34GTRs are nice too in a different way.

Personally my GTR will stay as is body wise, expect for re-spray in the stock Gun Metal Grey :D

Why bother doing this to your 32?? I've seen the Bee-R cars at TAS and also at Tsukuba testing at a Battle Mag event and I wasn't particularly impressed. FRP kitted cars might look impressive at shows but when I saw the car out in the open I thought it was pretty badly finished (not to mention it had a broken bumper!). Orange peel due to poor FRP, questionable panel fitting....nah...keep 32s as they are! There is nothing wrong with them!

• 13 years later...