SAU Community

FREIGHT F.A.Q AND RECOMMENDATIONS

Folks I've been reading thru this thread as I have some rims i need sent front Sydney to WA.

Air road direct have online quote of $170 which seems very good, i hope its accurate when i ring them.

Has anyone any info and rough costs for sending rims and tires across australia ?

Any info appreciated, i will ring air road direct in the morning too.

Cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When ever sending anything look at the paper work you sign, if it has some where on there that the company is a "common carrier" then most likely you are sending at you own risk, if it goes missing or gets damaged then bad luck!

Cant repeat enough the early comments about packaging things right, a lot of freight the company i work for gets is stuff going to country regions, a lot of the time we get it from interstate and other courier companys so by the time we get it, it has been handled by quite a few ppl, once we send it on to the country areas it gets handled by quite a few more, if you have someone fragile, pack it, play footy with it and then open it and see if its ok, if it is then it "should" be safe.

Another option if you have multiple things is to find a pallet and strap and wrap everything onto a pallet and try to pack it so another pallet wont sit on top with out falling off, atleast then it dosnt get kicked around as much as cartons do.

I am not going to mention the company i work for as unless i am sending something to a melb metro area or sending something on a pallet that cannot get damaged then i dont trust them.

Edited by W0rp3D

• 1 month later...
got a nismo catback exhaust sent from adelaide through NORTHLINE freight. Arrived in mint conditon. For $60 . of course the seller did a fantastic job of the packing. Not to mention in arrived in 2 working days

Where was it sent to?

The hot tip is its all in the packaging, NEVER assume they are going to handle it nicely.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
who has the cheapest rates for front bars?

been taken from melbourne to brisbane

i have an rb25det complete donk with extra bits coming to adelaide from perth as we speak

for $100 using cleveland transport.

let ya know how it goes.

i also had 2 utes with rotary motors sent from brisbane to adelaide with tnt, never again.

$1150, 1 ute had bonnet up when i went to collect them at the depot and the other was being used as a work bench for servicing the trucks, had only just undercoated it and the excess grease that they had flung off the gun soaked thru.

had to completly strip the paint and start again. "FARK'N KNUCKLE DRAGERS"

• 3 weeks later...

hey people,

firstly i currently work for Australia post as a Xmas casual at their mail centre in Victoria. Basically all the mail comes here first for all Metropolitan Melbourne and gets sorted.

What i can say about them is that they are very strict about theft or fraud. So anything that goes into the mail centre leaves the mail centre. It is very clean for a warehouse and youd be surprised that their are over 100 cameras overlooking the warehouse incase something gets stolen or ppl read xmas cards lol yerp its that strict.

Anyway i have posted items with Aus post before and have had items send to me by Aus post and couldnt be happier with their service. Never had things broken or stolen, maybe caus the stuff wasnt that big or fragile.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i say go with aus post for smaller items

i recently mailed a whole set of coil overs from the gold coast to sydney

i mailed them in 2 lots of 2

because together all 4 were just over the weight limit

it only cost me $15 a parcel to send but and got there in 2 days

which i reckon is great

also you can put tracking numbers on them

i also used greyhound bus frieght to send a head over to WA

it cost round $50

there customer service was terrible when i tryed to ring up about questions on where it was

with the tracking number

the guy that bought it of me rasng me a few weeks later saying they said they had "mis placed it"

• 2 months later...

If you're going for a large one-off deal i.e. you don't have an account with anyone and it's bigger than a satchel, try Couriers Worldwide Express. www.cwe.com.au I got some very good pricing from them. As long as each box is under 50kg they can do it.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys i work for australia post. just a bit of info for u. if u send anything through aus post make sure u put fragile stickers on it other wise it will just be thrown around. the fragile items go into a cage which isnt allowed to be tipped onto a conveyor belt unlike normal parcels.make u can send is 20kg item. the bigget this i have seen come in are car seats that ware folded all the way forward, huge fmic, exhausts, extractors, manifolds as we do pick up for an online parts place in hallam.

• 3 months later...

There is a new Cheap National Courier Service called Transdirect.

They are setup specifically for the low volume user, looking for fair prices on their freight movement.

They offer very competitive rates and a range of bonus features such as a fully online booking and payment system, a Transit warranty for up to $12,500, offsetting of carbon emissions , and a discount member system, with an account option for regular senders.

If you need to deliver parts anywhere in the country, take a few moments to get an instant online quote at www.transdirect.com.au.

cheers.