SAU Community

FREIGHT F.A.Q AND RECOMMENDATIONS

My best mate owns MacGregor Logistics in Sunshine.

They cart all over the country, theirs rates are very competitive and they pride themselves on the quality of their service.

A lot of people in the industry know of MacGregor's even though they are just a small family run company.

If you need anything moved give them a call on 9312 771 - ask to speak to Marty and tell him Aaron passed on his details. I will guarantee that you will get service 2nd to none. Their depot is in Vella Drive in Sunshine. They also have local pick up/delivery in most capital cities and can arrange pick up and drop offs en-route between cities.

If anyone needs anymore info feel free to drop me a PM.

• 1 month later...
My main problem with TNT is their invoicing - in particular their bogus Account Service Fees.

I was quoted $24.19 over the phone by TNT to send a parcel Sydney to Dubbo, so I told my customer and he added that exact price onto his payment to me.

When I received the TNT invoice it was for $34.64 - the original $24.19 PLUS an account service fee of $10.45 - more than half the freight cost again! Surely this is illegal!

I refuse to pay $10.45 to someone to print an invoice - nobody else can do that - no other courier company does that - so why should they be able to get away with it? Ive just short paid my invoice and I will probably be blackbanned by TNT but Ive just bought some couriers please dockets and im happily sending things for half the price and no account service fees!

If you actually had of read the terms and conditions that would have been sent to you when setting up the account with tnt you would know that there is an account service fee charged every time you get in invoice.

im not saying its right but its what you would have signed up to so if you dont read everything properly before you sign up its your own fault really and you shouldnt have anything to complain about.

• 2 months later...

the ammount of multiple items being sold via multiple accounts is rising ALOT lately - to the point where we have people selling the same item with EXACTLY the same picture - so how to tell which sale is the real one... ?

would of bought some new calipers if i could work it out..

• 2 months later...

I just used AirRoadDirect to ship a striped down SR20 from Townsville to Sydney. I used 6 boxes to cut the handling weight down, Instead of 1x113kg box. Each box weighs roughly around 20kgs. The quote was $214 which is pretty competitive IMO.

I had a quote from Pack and Send for 4 of the boxes and it was well over $300.

I'll repost once i see the goods in Sydney. Hopefully not damaged

• 2 weeks later...
I just used AirRoadDirect to ship a striped down SR20 from Townsville to Sydney. I used 6 boxes to cut the handling weight down, Instead of 1x113kg box. Each box weighs roughly around 20kgs. The quote was $214 which is pretty competitive IMO.

I had a quote from Pack and Send for 4 of the boxes and it was well over $300.

I'll repost once i see the goods in Sydney. Hopefully not damaged

All Packages arrived safe and sound, right on que.... AirRoad get the thumbs up from me

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

COD is a tough one, not many courier places will do it.

On another note if your are looking to set up an account with TNT now is the time to do it. If you have an ABN number get in touch with me as i can set you up on an account that has no surcharges on it only fuel surcharge, but no account service fee no oversize fees no DG fees, just a low freight cost. Anyway if interested shoot me an email on [email protected] i can help you out.

good rates if you are only send from time to time because there is no minimum spend level with this rate card

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got a hurdle trying to ship a glass window from Perth to Melbourne.

The hurdle is that the seller doesn't have the time to package it or send it.

Are there any companies that can pick up items, package them, and send them interstate?

And if you know, what are their rates?

i need to know pretty soon so any help would be much appreciated

~Anut

I used BHF couriers to ship a front bar from Melbourne to gosford at first they seemed ok $143. Everything turned up ok,

then 2 months later the credit card gets hit for $78 and I get an email claiming that we gave them false information and that the package was 56 kg.

The bar is a standard plastic one without reo. We are still fighting with them but I thought I would let people know so others don't get robbed.

jon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i use e go its somehow connected to eBay

www.e-go.com.au

you pay online and they send you a email with a con note to print out you stick it on, and drop it off at their depot, or they will go door to door

i shipped a APS 350z exhaust to Melbourne from Adelaide it was massive and heavy it was with the cats and everything and it was $30 and it got there the next day I'll definitely will be using them again two thumbs up

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

may be a stupid question, but do wheels need to be packed in any special way for transit? I'm looking for a company to do door pickup in Mel, depot dropoff in Syd.

The seller wants nothing to do with organising including any kind of packing of needed, so am after a place that will pick up from sellers house and drop off at depot in Syd. (can then pick up from anywhere in Syd. Any recommendations?