SAU Community

R34 gtt fuel economy

In some specifications, it's stated

Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km = 10.2 (about 1l:10km), and

Fuel consumption at 60 km/h, l/100km = 5.7 (about 1l:18km) best.

But I think these figures are quite unrealistic and almost impossible here.. I live in Sydney and my stock '98 R34 GT-t semi auto drinks 1 litre for around 6 km worst, and around 8km best, using Optimax..

Those figures sound about right to me although Litres per 100km is I think the easiest way to understand it.

So you have said from 12.5 to 16.7 Litres pre 100kms.

That said I can get over 20 giving it a hard time and I even did 32 with almost all racetrack driving. General but not excessive hoonish behaviour nets 16-18.

i got 400 with the current tank and its due for a refil after work

this is with very tame driving in sydney

usually, i get around 350 per tank if i drive faster

current mods - exhaust + pod

hope to get better fuel economy after a tune in a few weeks

I was getting 300km's to half a tank when driving it back from Sydney.

Full car (2 ppl, 4 rims, other suff) and it was 34 degrees, with air-con running the whole way. I reckon could get quite a bit better for highway driving.

So highway bout 10L/100km's... prob guessing around 13L/100km's when i started driving it around the burbs...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi peoples,

I am getting from best from 10.2 to 12.5 worst (summer, a/c, 4 ppls)..

Get about 400 to 470km be4 the yellow lights come on..

20% city, 80% suburan....

Never try High Way yet.. Think will drop to 9....

I will keep you guyz posted..

I use Optimax...

Be4 using Mobile 1 (best stuff from Mobile) ... car was taking 13.5L/100km... and idle and revs not smoothly... So... depends what oil u use.. will effect the fuel comsumption.. I think.. Correct me if i am wrong :cheers:.. :headspin:

the car is pretty fuel effecient when not on boost, as soon as you put the foor down you will see the fuel gauge drop very quickly.

I get about 520kms per tank (about 13l/100kms). I drive about 20kms a day into the City and maybe at least 1 highway (gold coast drives) on weekends. I dont thrash it much but my car is stock except for pod.

Im lucky to get 400 from a full tank!! most of the time probably a bit under 350 (exh, pod, fmic) - with the stock turbo its hard not to hit boost!

Does anyone know how much it improves with an ecu tune?? I heard it gets a fair whack better with a decent tune on them

it seems everyone here is getting different kms out of a tank, its either a turning thing or we all have a differnt interpretation of what normal driving is :cheers:

i got 560 out of 52L (Optimax) in the first few days i got my car (R32 gtst)... that was FKN good imo.

but since then, ive been getting 425km from 49L (BPUltimate), then 369km from 44L (Optimax)

my stock R33 was about the same as the figures u guys are ssaying.. pretty fkn shocking imo.

i've been noticing a slight drop in performance from when i got it , not fuel consumption. (seems to accelerate a bit slower after 100)

there coming there coming. I want to try and do it on the cheap but without cutting corners. ie: instead of buying a full brand name exhaust system for $1400, i'll just buy the end muffler (brand name -$300) then take it down to the local exhaust place and get them to do the rest (hi-flow cat $150 - 3.5" exhaust piping $250), a saving of $800 bucks. :D and no i don't watch ACA.

i got a 3" hi-flow CAT and 3" front/dump pipe from BATMBL (not yet fitted) i think $420 for both (delivered) - just gotta find a 3" catback now... but i think i might go custom as i can't find anything that sits nice and straight, and parallel to the ground. I know straighter is better, but some just "look" f*cking ugly IMO...

been doing some suburb driving and got about 180km's from 20L, maybe more 175km's from 20 litres? not too bad...

• 3 years later...