SAU Community

"A/T" Warning light???

Brazen

When my light went on I assumed it was overheating a little because I was on the race track and since my fix for the problem was to do about 3 km at about 70km/h to cool it down this seemed right, however, I have since discovered that there is a separate light for overheating transmission.

This is in a 1999 R34 which I'm expecting to be relevant to you despite your car being uglier :rofl:

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this exact thing happened to my SII auto Stagea today... .... whilst cruising at 100kph about 3000rpm, engine stuttered a bit like a rough gear change, then an "A/T" orange warning light showed up. Light went off and it happend again a few mins later. Got to a traffic light and engine stalled on me. Started up again straight away with no problems?!?!?!?!

My stagea manual says - A/T Mode Switch

"... should there be a problem with the system the POWER light will flash for about 8 seconds and then go out."

Rested the car for bout 1/2 an hour, started her up again and all appeared to be ok. Checked fluids by looking at the transmission dips stick and it looked pretty full.

Any ideas guys??? Can anyone recommend a local mechanic(s) in inner city syd that know stuff about stageas???

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by stag

wow I have never seen that light, for a sec I thought u may of been getting confused with the O/D light which is also orange and between the indicators. Hope I never do see it either. Or is this only on the S2, I never knew it was even there. As for the flashing power button my old S13 180SX used to do that occasionally but the TPS was also fubar among other things, did a manual conversion....that fixed it :/:P

Perhaps check ECU for error codes? If it's a bad sensor somewhere it should show up there shouldn't it? Anybody who knows the ECU error code check procedure for a S2 stagea able to help here?

Topkart R33 - oil level seams to be full, a little dirty (she is due for an oil change soon) but still full.

66yostagea - sounds like it could be a manufactures fault... how long ago did this happen to you? Should i not worry about it as the problem may just go away by itself?

Mr_RS4 / yokotas13 - Always wanted a manual stagea, this would be a great excuse to do the conversion!

DaveB - ECU error code check procedure? Is this something that i can do myself???

darrinspencer - Light is still on after doing a manual conversion?!?!? My manual conversion might have to wait till i get to the bottom of this A/T thing :happy:

Thanks for the replies guys!

Edited by stag