SAU Community

Scratched window R32 - worn guides

Baz

I'd love to know predator if you can. Only my drivers side one it stuffed.

Anyone know what the part number for the little threaded nuts are that allow adjustment for the regulator in and out? Its the same as 200SX and one of mine is stripped.

I'm gonna get 4 new ones and take it to Novus to get aligned properly cause i'm at my wits end. No matter how I adjust it it closes too far in and the seal is torn now :rofl:

cheers lads!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My drivers side is scratched. There are white clips that hold the the outer weather strip on and they are the main culprits. But the square pad is worn out and also seems to be scratching the glass. I'll deffinetly need another window..

Anyone had any problems with the window seal ripping from the window closing in too far?

I tried adjusting mine but it closes in too soon and spikes the seal in the middle. Its retarded and now the costly seal is stuffed!

need help, not gonna buy another seal till I can stop it ripping it...

Iv'e bought those adjustable window sliders from Nissan. This is for a R33. What happens is that the furry stuff that the window slides against wears out and then the window slides against the hard base that the furry stuff used to adhere to. There are 2 of the things per window and Nissan got them from Japan. They cost about $100 for 4 of them.

Hope that helps

Ian

On all on my windows the guides are beginning to scratch the window. Apparently there is a foam guide which wears off over time and then begins scratching the window, its either plastic or metal, while the window moves up and down. Apparently this the case on most R32's and on the GTR's when this occurs it scratches the window in two places.

This is supposed to be a fairly common thing on the R32's. Has anyone come across this and know how it can be fixed?

I think every R32 develops this problem after 15 years. You can buy the pads from Nissan at about $50 each x 4 ex Japan. The only way of fixing the glass is to replace it if the scratches are too deep/old. I took the top door trim off and temporarily repaired my pads by gluing some light velvet cloth on them. Only a temp fix until my new pads arrive.

Has anyone got pictures of these (replacement) pads?

Edit: What I am getting at is unless there is some specific reason, why can't you just re-cover the existing pads with the felt-type material? Probably well cheaper than Nissan's replacement price.

LW.

yeah, my drivers window is getting scratched too.

i think i end this annoyance and just buy a new window from nissan.

anyone who gets the pads please post up a price/part number.

thanks.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well i havent fixed the problem yet but i did buy another driver side window. found a mint condition drivers window and got it very cheap (think it was $60 or something silly). now i just need to replace the guide pads or whatever it is that caused the scratches in the first place.

I have pretty bad window scratches on my 32 aswell, but it seems to be a very common problem, even with 4 doors and GTRs. My door seals have curled up from being left out in 40degree heat with the windows show (it's black :D) by the previous owner, so I think my window is getting pushed against whatever is causing this scratching even more than most. I'm getting the seals replaced and will see what is causing the scratches and how to fix them so I can get the windows buffed. I've seen so many skylines with this problem, I can't believe no one has come up with a solution yet :D

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have a guide pad part number?

I had a bit of a look in FAST last night. There are quite a few bits in the window mechanism and they are given helpful descriptions like "grommet" with no other explaination. If anyone has taken their door apart and has some photos of what is casuing the scratches I could try and match it up with the FAST diagrams (I'll post them up tomorrow).

• 3 weeks later...

anyone figure this out yet?

i am on a big rejuvinating spree. i've got the seal that is site in the top of the door (the one that when old scrunches up to look like a curtain). i've got a new scratch free window too. now i need the following:

the rubber seal that runs around the top of the door frame (window seals against it).

the guide pads to stop me scratching new window.

can anyone help with part numbers?

looks like im added to the list of scratched driver window on my r33 gtst

the even worse thing is i got tinting done and now it has scratched a little of my tint

how exciting.

Even though it sounds a bit dodgy, but would just getting some cotton bud and gluing it to the old fury bracket guide thing.

Cause forking out 100 bucks for these little things is crap.

Anyhow let us know if anyone can find them.