SAU Community

Scratched window R32 - worn guides

Baz

My 4 dr had the same problems of scratching and rattling. i found that when i pulled my door apart to try and fix the problems, the outside pads that guide the window were quite worn and full of grit/dirt (emplaining the scratching). i removed the material and replaced it with boat carpet (an of cut, free from clark rubber). the inside window guide was in good condition and is easly adjustable which stoped any rattling of the window. Now all i have to do it fix those dam scratches.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are the scratches on the the windows on the insider or outside?

Both of my windows are scratched, but there's tinting on the inside

I always just thought they were on the inside and the tinting is now over the scratches - so they're there for life :D

• 1 month later...

soo how do you fix this, as i am going to be getting tint soon and i got three scratches on the driver side. could someone give a quick summary on what to do with this

Thanks

• 1 month later...

There are 2 pads on each weather strip to stabilise the glass and stop it from rubbing against the weather strip clips (which scratch the glass) The part number for the pads are 80324-04U00. However they are around $40 each. I planned to put new felt on each pad. There is also a pad on the window regulator which isnt sold separetly.

Deren

are the scratches on the the windows on the insider or outside?

Both of my windows are scratched, but there's tinting on the inside

I always just thought they were on the inside and the tinting is now over the scratches - so they're there for life :nuke:

By the way...Tint can be removed and replaced...

• 3 months later...

Anyone know how thick the padding is on the cushioned guide? I plan on DIYing it. Needs to be thick enough to keep the glass off the white plastic clips, obviously...

i think its the dirt on the windows that did the damage to mine...small particles that stick on the window and when u open your window it takes it past the runner guides and thats what causes the damage. Mines got deep scratches on drivers side ...always make sure that its clean before i open the windows now.

• 11 months later...

So if I was trying to source window rubbers and the little fluffy guides for my 32 how would one go about that? Contact my nissan parts place or conventry etc, or is there a net site japan direct I have to go through? Also what is FAST? Some sort of data base for nissan parts or something?

Thanks guys

LG

• 9 years later...

Hey R32ers just got a much sort after delivery from the legends at RHDJapan. Went through their OEM store and stumbled onto them. Can finally swap out my driver\passenger windows and get them tinted. Approximately $10 each. 

IMG_7258.JPG