SAU Community

Turbo/Manifold Stud Size/Pitch/Length

I just checked on the R34 GTR turbos I have - studs are standard M8x1.25 and about 40mm long.

Thanks for that Steve: is that the turbo/manifold or turbo/dump studs (or are they all the same)?. I spoke to Nathan @ Grey Imports and he mentioned that one side is course thread (1.5mm) and the other is fine (1.25). Is the pitch the same on both ends of the R34 turbo studs.

Lucien.

Thanks for that Steve: is that the turbo/manifold or turbo/dump studs (or are they all the same)?.  I spoke to Nathan @ Grey Imports and he mentioned that one side is course thread (1.5mm) and the other is fine (1.25).  Is the pitch the same on both ends of the R34 turbo studs.

That's for the turbo->manifold studs. The dump studs have a different PN (at least for R32 GTR's - see my post above).

I'll see if I can extract one of the studs tomorrow to check the threads, plus I'll check FAST to see if R34 uses same PN's.

Thanks Steve, appreciated. The different part number could just b related to what comes in the package (ie. it might have the spring washers), however Nathan knows his stuff so I am inclined to think he is right that the turbo->manifold studs are different (ie. different thread at each end).

If all else fails I will try and get one of the turbos off tomorrow before midday in the hope some shops around here (Wollongong) are still open.

Lucien.