SAU Community

Tyres you use(d) and how u would rate them

1 hour ago, admS15 said:

Why not price up some Ad08R. There is a buy 3 get 1 free offer running atm and Bob Jane does some pretty sharp pricing. I bought a set in 265/35/18 and they where cheaper than RS3 and not too much more than RSRR in the same size. Food for thought.

oh sweet ! thanks, i didnt even consider them, as usually advan gear is hella expensive.

how do they go in the wet ? and track?

oh sweet ! thanks, i didnt even consider them, as usually advan gear is hella expensive.

how do they go in the wet ? and track?

Fantastic on track as everyone keeps saying. On the street in wet weather they are quite good but it's not like I try to go hard in the wet on the street. In my experience so far there hasn't been any unwanted wheelspin. They feel as good and possibly better than rsr and Achilles 123s in the wet and much better dry. When I called around for quotes, surprisingly bob Jane did the best pricing by far.

19 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Fantastic on track as everyone keeps saying. On the street in wet weather they are quite good but it's not like I try to go hard in the wet on the street. In my experience so far there hasn't been any unwanted wheelspin. They feel as good and possibly better than rsr and Achilles 123s in the wet and much better dry. When I called around for quotes, surprisingly bob Jane did the best pricing by far.

oh thats great to hear ! thanks for that ! i must admit i have never reallly paid attention to advans purely due to cost, and knowing they are usually awesome but thats about it. 

Thanks for the help mate.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, admS15 said:

would you believe there is NONE IN AUSTRALIA apparantley !!!!!!!! bloody bob jane. 

6 minutes ago, n0nac said:

would you believe there is NONE IN AUSTRALIA apparantley !!!!!!!! bloody bob jane. 

Just ring around, someone may have stock somewhere. Even if they don't have stock, I'd be asking to buy now to lock in the buy 3 get 4 deal, then ask them to just fit them later once they're available (assuming you can wait).

Also, just call around to any other shop you can think of. When I put AD08's on my Golf R, I literally called a dozen different places. Prices varied from $460/tyre down to $360/tyre (235/35/19).

My honest opinion, don't let the price scare you. For daily, spirited twisty roads, or full track days, nothing beats the AD08's. My last set even lasted 35,000kms - without any rotations either!

I have no idea where you are located, but if you're in Melbourne, try Associated Tyre Services in Cheltenham. They deal with Yokohama a lot, so get much better pricing that other shops.

3 hours ago, admS15 said:

well unfortunately i need tires this week. so RS-3 are out of stock, ado8r are months away. 

so Federal RS-RR are the only ones i can get my hands on. i loved the RSR so these should be better than the predecessor, but noiser. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just done 10k on Direzza DZ102 on our daily. Plenty of life left, can do $40k+.. Quiet tyre

Quite impressed with them.  Usually $180-200 for an 18 inch tyre we got ours for $144 each. Great tyre, can easily compete with $250 tyres

Dry 8/10

wet n/a

value for money 10/10 for $144.  9/10 for $200.

Would buy again if they had correct sizes. Sizes are a bit limited....

4 hours ago, Old Booster said:

Thanks guys, might give the Bridgestone 003s a try, our very own Nismoid has reviewed them here and recons they give the Michelin PS3s a good run for their money and they're a bit cheaper too.

that is the most biased review ever. Paid-to-plug I think.

read recent posts, I didn't rate the RE003's. Go the invo's instead.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hardsteppa said:

Thanks for feedback, I've only book in so can still change my mind, will get some quotes for the Nitto Invos and PS3s

This is my daily and will never see a race track, so my priorities are wet grip and noise.

I've got PS3s on my Stagea and love them in both wet and dry, and just recently put a set of RE003s on my mum's Golf and found them great too in the dry (haven't had a chance to try wet grip), if a little noisy. Nothing turning up the radio won't sort out - the noise is far from excessive.

6 hours ago, R377 said:

Just done 10k on Direzza DZ102 on our daily. Plenty of life left, can do $40k+.. Quiet tyre

Quite impressed with them.  Usually $180-200 for an 18 inch tyre we got ours for $144 each. Great tyre, can easily compete with $250 tyres

Dry 8/10

wet n/a

value for money 10/10 for $144.  9/10 for $200.

Would buy again if they had correct sizes. Sizes are a bit limited....

I have these on my daily as well. For the price they are a really good tyre, Good dry grip, very good in the wet. No road noise and zero tramlining. My only criticism would be the sidewalls do seem a little soft and will flex a little more than I would like when pushed hard into a corner. But otherwise a good value underrated tyre

• Like 1

On 01/09/2016 at 11:07 AM, niZmO_Man said:

It'll be fine for a street car (from the reports I've read). Although, Nitto Invo is equivalent and quieter apparently.

On 01/09/2016 at 11:14 AM, Hadouken said:

I do rate the invos. Wet grip is very good.

20 hours ago, hardsteppa said:

Unfortunately the Nitto Invo are not available in my size, 205.55.16 any other suggestions? 

4 hours ago, Old Booster said:

Unfortunately the Nitto Invo are not available in my size, 205.55.16 any other suggestions? 

yeh, go another size. Why are you only using 205's on a skytwizzline anyway?