Tyres you use(d) and how u would rate them

Car: 1993 R33 GTST

Basic bolt on mods, about 180rwkw

Maxxis MA-V1

Size: 225/40/18

Dry: C+

Wet: E

Value D

Cheapo tyres that came bundled with my China spec Wheels, does ok in the dry as long as you aren't pushing it 10/10. However once in the wet (or any hint of rain on the road) then forget about it, I get wheel spin (followed by the back end trying to step out) out when taking off at the lights even with just ~20% throttle and not on boost (as verified by my SAFC 2 readout).

Even my dad (who drives with a grandpa foot) complained how there was no traction when he drove the car while his diesel 4x4 was getting serviced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you talking about Dunlop Direzza Z2 Star Spec ? If so, were they second hand at that price ?

DUNLOP DIREZZA STAR SPEC V2

CAR-R32 GTR

use these for auto-x days only, great cheater R compound tire. increased my times 3 seconds over my daily dunlop sr sports.

havent had the chance to use them in the wet yet but dry grip is incredible for the price and the fact that it will keep you in the stock class if you want to.

paid 650 for all 4.

no grip issues in any gear, car just has straight pipes and athe restrictor pill pulled. used on stock wheels as well.

held the fastest time of the day for 3 months straight, class includes multiple STI's, john cooper works minis, 240sx, etc.

all in all i highly reccomend the tire for racing and some people claim 20k miles out of them for daily duty as well

Can now review the kenda kr20a tyre for street use with 350kw rwd

There a 235 45 17 there foot print is more like 243

They have a nice amount of grip instead of 1st and second being useles ass before they spin and power through it makes for whole different feel to the car.there corner grip feels really good nice solid sidwalls

For a 150 dollar tyre i rate them above 123 good rides nakang and in ball park if not better then rsr

currently have Forgiatos on my daily in 235/35/19 and 265/30/19. el cheapo tyre. grip: not bad but i havent really pushed them, wet grip is not to bad either. road noise is terrible.

cant expect much for a $100~ tyre. plenty of meat on them. im positive these would be great for skids lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys I've been searching for info around SAU and online on Kumho KU36 for street use and the opinions seem really mixed - If you've run these on the street how were they?

Can you drive them cautiously at freeway speeds in the rain (not bucketing) without fearing for your life?

I like the idea of the grip and the car is a weekender so tyre wear is less of an issue, however I do need to drive in the rain occasionally.

It sounds like the KU36 might be discontinued so won't be the latest tech but I might be able to get a decent deal on a set...

For the price do yourself a favour and get some handbook rs3's

I agree, however this is for a replacement set for my Goodyear Eagle F1 A2's that are starting to crack again. Unfortunately the supplier don't carry Hankook.

Unless you're getting the KU36 for $100, get the RS-3.

Theory is that I would get them as a no cost replacement to my current tyres but sounds like it's a no go.

I might look at getting another brand, see if I can offload them and get some rs3's instead. I know it's a superior tyre.

300rwkw R34

Tyres- Achilles ATR Sport 2.

Size -235/35/18

Dry - 4/10, wheelspins 1st, 2nd easy, bit of 3rd sometimes on high boost

Wet - 2/10, never cane it in wet but spins on wet hill stop & go if not riding clutch.

100% daily driver

Now looking for a pair of 265/35/18 (9.5 rim) for rears, either hankook rs3 or 595rsr.

Where to get these cheap in Sydney? In ebay the rs3 is $250 a corner and the 595rsr $189. Decisions decisions..

Edited by rondofj