SAU Community

Tyres you use(d) and how u would rate them

Thanks for feedback. How were the INVO's noise wise? I'm considering Michelin MC5 for my wagon as they are apparently quite.

very quiet.. very very quiet.. I dare say more quiet than the RE003 on the daily corolla.. but then again it's a corolla vs the r33.. the r33 has more sound deadening

ok after a drive in the mountains today I'm quite happy with the RE003's, with the tyre pressure now at 42psi (235/45/71 size). Didn't seem to overheat, gripped well and fairly progressive with the loss of traction. Not bad for cheap tyres.

RE003 is a street tyre. AD08R is a crossover track day tyre.

Understand that, just wondering if you were spending $200 for a street tyre which one would you buy . Probably get more Klms out of the RE003s

The AD08Rs seem a great all rounder, not sure how they will be once they are loosing some tread in the wet ??

Understand that, just wondering if you were spending $200 for a street tyre which one would you buy . Probably get more Klms out of the RE003s

The AD08Rs seem a great all rounder, not sure how they will be once they are loosing some tread in the wet ??

ad08r are terrible in the wet, they are an extreme performance summer tyre so no surprise there

If you need traction in the wet, you need to find those with big water channels in the tread design (eagle F1, re003 comes to mind)

If you are not after out right grip, then go for re003s, but if you go to the track and want max grip, then ad08r/rs3s are the solution

• Like 1

You haven't stated what your intended use is. AD08 for track days, RE003 for street driving. RE003 will last longer and have better wet grip. AD08 is one of the best dry grip street legal tyre you can buy. They're okay in the wet, better than what the tread pattern hints (on a WRX STi anyway), just take it easy.

At this time I just drive around country roads with plenty of fun sections.

I know reading and watching vids does not always tell the story, but it is better than nothing and was all I had to go off. It is hard getting past the manufacturers input ?

A lot of what I read before I bought them sort of backs up what you blokes have said about the wet, but I do not think they are that bad in the wet, BUT there is wet and there is WET! I think you are mainly talking about track work. I saw a couple of vids with these in the wet but they were from drivers not pushing it and a little weak on the KWs.

The best thing is, when it is raining that hard, I slow down a bit as there are too many dry days to enjoy.

But these tyres are great fun in the dry, like s**t to a blanket and unless you are smashing it , not bad in the wet :)

Which tyres? AD08R?

A mate of mine change the tyres on his then MY05 STi from the stock RE7-whatever to AD08 and said it was an improvement (softer sidewalls, heated up quicker, slightly better wet grip because it heated quicker). Was his daily until he sold it for an overseas trip.

• 2 weeks later...

after driving the mountain again today, as well as it being still damp in some sections, I further recommend the re003's. No issues with them at all today, very good in cornering, braking, wet weather. And this is impartial as I was prepared to not rate them at all in the initial 300k's. Will be interested now to see if there's much performance drop-off as they wear and what sort of life I will get out of them.

• Like 1

can anyone recommend some budget friendly but decent tyres, rears around 245 - 255 (could go slightly bigger) for use on hill climbs. track only car

Needs to be grippy, 99% of the time in the dry so can afford shit wet weather tyres.

noise who cares

wear not to important either

track in generally slightly dusty

can anyone recommend some budget friendly but decent tyres, rears around 245 - 255 (could go slightly bigger) for use on hill climbs. track only car

Needs to be grippy, 99% of the time in the dry so can afford shit wet weather tyres.

noise who cares

Rs3

noise who cares

Rs3