SAU Community

GT4 Driving Mission #23

writeoff

Hi All,

I'm having real trouble completing the Driving Mission #23 in GT4.

It's the slipstreaming one using R34 GTRs. One is miles in front while the others hang around in a pack. I've tried dragging the pack along for three laps but never get within 3 secs. I've also tried ditching the pack and going it alone but my best is 2.7 secs behind the leader. Any suggestions?

I need this to win the Pagini Zonda.

There is a stack of threads about this on GTPlanet. From What I understand you need to "drag the pack" as you have. Also the trick is not to let the car behind you ram you when they slingshot using your slipstream.

its hard

took ages and then i forgot to save beofre turning off :D

took ages again

yes leapfrogging is the way, sometimes it works sometimes it dosnt

like i said

its hard

so I gather ITS HARD hahahah :)

I'll cross that bridge when I get there :P 3% completed

What worked for me was at the start you slipstream them all and get in front. When in front, stay on the same racing line that they take. It will take them a while to catch up, and then just let them pass you and keep slipstreaming and passing etc... Then the last corner you get a good slipstream and past the pack and you should be able to get onto the back of the first skyline and pass him.

I tried everything else at first and then tried that and first time I did, I won :headspin:

Was at it again last night and just took the red GTR out of the pack and tried slipstreaming this car alone. The others hung back slightly behind us.

I got closer, 1.7secs behind, but still no cigar, no Zonda, and no happy, happy, joy, joy dance. :D

• 3 weeks later...

yea, yea that is a tough one...I tried a few different things, but nothing worked. I picked a car and just pushed it around the track, I tried to make the other cars get in my slip-stream and boost ahead, I tried driving after the leader....all no good :D

I only got within 4secs of the lead car...

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having trouble with this one !! It's been driving me around the bend :hellpisd: ( no pun intended ).

The best I was able to do was 1.14 sec off the lead car by slip-streaming the pack & sling shotting past at max speed and then running the inner line of the track as smooth as possible until the very last bend & trying to slip-stream the lead car. But as yet ( after about 30 tries ) no joy :)

You cant win it like that, you have to slip stream then pass and let them slip stream you then they pass, then you slip them again etc etc etc intill you win.

When done correctly it is quite easy, make sure they slip you properly by driving infront of them.

I don't get it. I slip-stream them from the start and sling shot past them, I then stay on the race line but they never catch up to me. When they start getting close it's usually leading into one of the corners and then the poofs back off !! It's really starting to pi$$ me off.

I really think they should have a road rage version of GT4 where ( in this case ) you can run the other Skylines in the pack off the road if they don't drive fast enough and then drag the driver out of the car and stomp on his / her head until you feel better. Or just combine GT4 with GTA San Andres and while you're racing you can mow the mo-fo down with a hail o 9mm's. :rofl:

Thanks for the help. I got it :jump: and then nailed every other mission right after up to the last one where you have to drive that piece of crap, lounge chair merc around N/B/Ring. Still working on that one.

I still think the mission was crap cause who really comes belting into a corner and stabs the brake's ???? For that matter, why would anyone in an R34 GT-R lift off the loud pedal ??? Or anyone in a Skyline for that matter ??? :D

Yay!! I did it about an hour ago, here's some pointers. They work, trust me:

1 - NEVER try to go too fast past the other cars, keep it to about 275kph when you go past them, this will mean you will still give them your slipstream, meaning they can then get back past you & you pass them again, repeat repeat etc etc.

2 - The third yellow line (the one you start on), try to keep your right hand wheels on this for as much of the course as you can, as this is the main line & it will keep them behind you as much as possible.

3 - Most of the time the AI won't move to overtake you, so if you are going straight look behind you & move out of the way as late as possible to give them a higher speed. Usually move to the right, because they usually prefer the left.

4 - Early on, or even at all, avoid colliding with the other cars because they seem to take it personally (against each other too), and will ram you back, slowing the whole thing down.

5 - I won by 2.8s trying these tactics first shot, I had always kept the same line, but never a lower speed.

6 - Don't get angry that you only get 10k for winning, when most of you have probably spent a couple of hours trying to get this one done. ;)

Thanks for the help. I got it   :jump:  and then nailed every other mission right after up to the last one where you have to drive that piece of crap, lounge chair merc around N/B/Ring.  Still working on that one.  

I still think the mission was crap cause who really comes belting into a corner and stabs the brake's ???? For that matter, why would anyone in an R34 GT-R lift off the loud pedal ??? Or anyone in a Skyline for that matter ??? :rofl:

Dude when you finish the NB RING can you come and do it for me???? :confused:

This track is giving me the sh*ts!

My controller almost went through the TV the other day!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
what i did for mission 34 was to:

approach the pack

creep up behind one of the lead cars

then just push him all the way around

sit on his bumper and just drive

it was close, but i caught the lead car

Have you completed NB RING?