SAU Community

6 litre hsv

just before I sold my 33gtr I had a run with a 6l ls2 off the lights and I had him by several car lengths (4-5) towards the top of third. off a rolling start it was close, i was only walking away from him. my car at the time was stock except had boost restrictor removed and it had run 12.8 at calder.

So I think out on the streets if a stock gtr launches it will beat a stock LS2 comfortably, and should be line ball with a 185-200rwkw gtst.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mates mate the other day had a SS with some work done to it and was paying out jap cars etc.. i turned around and said whenever you want to line up let me know, he knew i'd kill him, so turned around and said 'sure lets see how youd go towing 2 tonne trailor and 5 people' my comment was 'are we racing or are we taking the kids and caravan on a holiday'

tell him that the old magna-doodle won wheels towing car of the year last year ...that will fix him up :D

Here's a in car footage of my car doing a 0-100km/h sprint.

http://users.tpg.com.au/mcurro/clips/5.4_seconds.WMV

Shit that launches good!!

I seen a big sign on the motorway the other day advertising the 6 Litre. I was like "wtf that's more than 2x RB25 engines, where am I gonna put the 2nd 1" haha.

GTRs would cream you.

Until on the 10th run the GTR's stock clutch drops its guts and you cruise off!!

But then - a nice big twin or triple plate clutch goes in + a massive weight reduction from the drivers hip pocket and it is back in business.

sorry to tell you dude but if you were in sydney and pulled up next to me on the lights i would bring your 297kw machine to shame, unfortunatly i love the 6l commo's and am considering buying one so lets decide now never to race off the rights so i dont change my mind in buying one.

I concede that a stock GTR be it r32,33, or 34 will have me in a drag. The only way I would win is if the other driver didn't know how to drive well or if he bought a lemon which was not tuned well. I'm sure there must be a few out there that aren't what they used to be.

As for the GTST's, from what you guys have told me a good match would be one that is modded with more than 185rwkw.

just before I sold my 33gtr I had a run with a 6l ls2 off the lights and I had   him by several car lengths (4-5) towards the top of third. off a rolling start it was close, i was only walking away from him. my car at the time was stock except had boost restrictor removed and it had run 12.8 at calder.

So I think out on the streets if a stock gtr launches it will beat a stock  LS2 comfortably, and should be line ball with a 185-200rwkw gtst.

4-5 car lengths up to 3rd gear is pretty huge. I would believe that there would only be 1 or 2 car lengths within it. How do you know he didn't brake as the speeds were getting ridiculous and that he admitted defeat after seeing that you were already ahead?

To show you what I mean. Here is a clip of a LS2 taking on a modded twin turbo supra. The supra was about 1/2-1 car length ahead at the 150km/h or so before the ls2 stopped. Supra kept going and when he hit the brakes, was about 6 car lengths in front.

http://users.tpg.com.au/mcurro/clips/TwinT...praVShsvLS2.WMV

yo vuster, would you know if the supra is an auto or manual?

No idea if it was auto on manual pus. I can't imagine someone buying a twin turbo supra in auto so my guess would be manual.

4-5 car lengths up to 3rd gear is pretty huge. I would believe that there would only be 1 or 2 car lengths within it. How do you know he didn't brake as the speeds were getting ridiculous and that he admitted defeat after seeing that you were already ahead?

To show you what I mean. Here is a clip of a LS2 taking on a modded twin turbo supra. The supra was about 1/2-1 car length ahead at the 150km/h or so before the ls2 stopped. Supra kept going and when he hit the brakes, was about 6 car lengths in front.

http://users.tpg.com.au/mcurro/clips/TwinT...praVShsvLS2.WMV

The GTR probably does 0-100 in around 4 flat... so over 1sec quicker than your car...

at 100ks/h how many car lengths is in 1 second? :P

100 km/h = 27.7777778 meters / second

But top of 3rd in a GTR is around 180.

The GTR probably does 0-100 in around 4 flat... so over 1sec quicker than your car...

at 100ks/h how many car lengths is in 1 second? :P  

100 km/h = 27.7777778 meters / second

But top of 3rd in a GTR is around 180.

I didn't release a stock GTR runs 4 second flat 0-100km/h even with the restrictor off. I thought that it would be more like high 4's.

MarchGTR may of beaten the LS2 by that many car lengths to that speed as he said. No offence intended.

My question is when someone says they beat a car by a certain number of car lengths it's accuracy can be questionable because it's difficult to determine when the other party has actually hit the brakes.

Yeah maybe it was auto Pus. I dont' know much about twin turbo supras.

I didn't release a stock GTR runs 4 second flat 0-100km/h even with the restrictor off. I thought that it would be more like high 4's.

MarchGTR may of beaten the LS2 by that many car lengths to that speed as he said. No offence intended.  

My question is when someone says they beat a car by a certain number of car lengths it's accuracy can be questionable because it's difficult to determine when the other party has actually hit the brakes.

Yeah maybe it was auto Pus. I dont' know much about twin turbo supras.

Mate of mine has a manual supra 6sp man aftermarket cooler and exhaust running 12psi of boost. Raced it expecting to get flogged but it turned out to be quiet the opposite on both rolling and standard starts I was very surprised the skyline just kept pulling away but I then again they do weight even more than a GTR.