SAU Community

fitting GTR center console guages in a GTST

skyline33

I 'think' the GTR console uses a wierd size gauges. Somehting like 44mm or something. The smallest I know of is 52mm, so you might have problems finding gauges to actually fit (that's if your going to replace them.

Would look nice though.

A bloke on SDU made up a 3 x 52mm holder that sits under the stereo and it looked great. It was a very tight sqeeze to get all three to fit, and he even andled them towards the driver.

Anyone keen to make them up :P :bahaha:

• 16 years later...

Hi guys, sorry to bump such an old thread, I’ve got the car at the auto elec at the minute for a ton of little jobs one of which is obviously fitting some r32 gtr triple gauges in my r32 gtst, I’m hoping to hear from someone who’s done it or an electrician/ mechanic 

in terms of oil temp have you drilled the sump, used a simp plug or using an oil filter sandwich plate? Any links to anything you can purchase off the shelf etc

the boost gauge have people just tapped into the existing manifold pressure sensor on the fire wall? Added an additional similar manifold pressure sensor ? 

Thankyou very much Guys or girls 

I can't see the point of using the GTR gauges. Is one of them not a torque gauge for the AWD?

Just get a triple gauge plate and fit 3 gauges of your choice - boost, oil pressure and water temp.

Each gauge should come with its own fittings or you just follow the instructions. You may be able to T off the oil pressure warning switch for the pressure.

These are available on Ebay -

Triple Gauge Holder Din Bracket 3 x 52mm or 2 1/16

or you may be able to adapt the GTR holder if you have one.

R32 GTR torque gauge is in the main cluster, displacing the GTSt's boost gauge to the triple cluster in the console.

So, not pointless, but stupid, because why have 2x Nissan boost gauges (the original in the dash and the GTR one in the console) when you can have a better boost gauge? And while doing what everyone else has recommended (aftermarket gauges), why not put in something useful? Like EGT? Who the hell needs a bloody voltmeter?

Hey guys Thankyou for your feedback it’s just the look I want to go for, I understand having 2 boost gauges is abit of waste and a volt meter gauge is old school but as I said that’s the look I’m going for? So again does anyone have any experience or answers to my questions 2 posts up? 

The only obvious answer to "it's just for looks" is to not bother to hook them up to anything except the lighting circuit.

If you have to hook the oil pressure gauge up....then a sandwich plate is the only option that makes sense.

And obviously the boost gauge is driven the boost sensor. The only question is....will hooking two gauges up to the same sensor cause them both to read wrong? Try it and let us know? But wait! How will you know?

You could always put in a redundant second boost sensor to go with your redundant second gauge.

Do

May I suggest looking in to VDO gauges. I took this route a few years ago with my old 32 GTS-t as I always wanted a stock OEM look. (I hate the space ship bright light cheap gauges)

VDO are a quality brand and easy to find. Sensors come with the gauge, you'll just need to pick up a single din slot 52mm gauge holder (Anywhere online/ebay) and wire you're selected gauges in accordinly. 

From memory the stock gtr 3 gauge cluster harness runs with the dash loom. Massive pain in the ass to disect and install in to 32 GTS-t considering volt and another boost gauge would be pretty useless. 

NgsaDJxC.thumb.jpeg.422a2b7d3e09884815f02de797fab39e.jpeg

• Like 3