SAU Community

Turbosmart vs gfb stealth bov

I thought a stealth bov was black and inconspicuous looking rather than quiet so that during inspections by cops they can't see that it's different.  I may be wrong though.

As advised, they come in silver and other colours. The "stealth" part is the ability to basically turn them off.

You can adjust how much plumb back and the pressure this occurs from memory.

Now, if only I could be bothered to open the bonnet and turn it down every time I drive it (My Wife likes to make a little noise).

Enjoy!

El Bee (I must be getting old eh)

I have the stealth bov on my r33. Its really good because you can control how loud you want the bov to be. You can also take the trumpet off it looks less suspicious if you do have it vented to atmosphere. But if you have the trumpet on and you have the bov on plumb back, the cops still pick at it as they think it on vent to atmosphere.

Good stuff but what the title was meant to say was,

Turbosmart vs gfb plumback bov.

Meaning the differences between the 2 brands of plumback bovs.

And sorry about the late post i havent been able to get to the computer.

So the sound travels through the pod.Im guessing it is very faint compared to my blitz supersound bov.

I really feel like driving a car that doesnt draw the crowds attenion when going for a easy drive.

But back to the subject.Either of them are pretty quiet.Yeah R31 nismoid id like it to be able to handle track days,which i am sure it will,thats all.

• 1 month later...

High boost + a cooler gives a crapload of air that has to be released through the bov so if you're running a pod filter it's going to be noisy regardless, like mine. Open or closed for me is just a different sound... it's in no way silent.

i would recommend the stealth fx

but they dont come in black for the r33 at least they didnt when i bought one ... mines brushed silver looks nice too ... you can take the trumpet off and turn it to plumb back cops wouldnt say a thing about it ...

as for the pod i've got one of those too (they sound tough) in a box from linton of garage debris ... if i turn the stealth fx to full plumb back i still get a chopping noise on light throttle

the stealth fx can also be heard operating at full plumb back ...

if you dont want the psssshhhh sound and your not running 30 psi why bother changing it from standard ...