Below are the simple rules for the use of the classifieds section.
Any users that choose to ignore the rules as below will either have their posts or threads removed/edited, or may receive a warning
THE DO'S AND DONT'S OF THE SAU CLASSIFIEDS!
Be warned that any threads that do not adhere to the following WILL be deleted without any prior warning.
Key point - Post in the RIGHT section. WTB is WTB section, and FS in FS section.
Post in the wrong section, your thread will be locked, its pretty basic common sense
1. When starting a new thread, you must include a set price, or at the very least a ballpark figure that you are looking for. EOI's are not permitted, if you want to auction your gear then use e-bay
2. Clearly state what what it is you are selling, the condition of the parts being sold, any model specific information, your location, contact details and wether you will ship interstate. If the items are not as they as described upon arrival and a resolution not met. You will potentially fall under, and be added too, the bad trader listing
3. No continuous thread bumping! - If you insist on continually bumping your thread, your bumps will be deleted and if it continues, you will receive a warning from moderators
4. Post photos! - Where possible, add images to your post. This is by far the best way to show off the items you are selling and give any potential buyers the best indication as to their condition etc.
Posting photos will also cut out the "pics please" comments and help you to sell your items faster and easier
5. If you have multiple items for sale, post them all in a single thread! - do not create new threads for each item. A single thread is much easier to manage and helps reduce the amount of clutter in the classifieds section!
6. No posting on behalf of others! - If your mates want to advertise their parts here on SAU, tell them to register - If you dont own it, dont post it for sale.
7. No external links! - Do not post links to items being sold on e-bay, or other forums. If you wish to start a thread advertising the same items on SAU, you must include all details and price in your thread. Asking people to refer to e-bay for more info is not acceptable. If you're too lazy to copy and paste the details on here, your thread will be deleted.
8. Your for sale thread must include a valid contact number, name and email address.
9. DO NOT delete the original advertisment post in For Sale threads, even if the item is sold.
Failure to adhere to this rule will result in the revokation of the ability to edit your own posts.
10. Multiple Threads - If you have more than one item to sell, use one thread only. DO NOT create one thread per item. If this is done, Mod/Admin will merge your threads without notice/warning. Having half a page of single item sales is pointless and clogs the forum.
Any business wishing to sell their parts on this forum must become a registered trader. We provide a number of different advertising options for you to choose from and registration is easy.
Trader information can be found by clicking here
Any business sellers who try to advertise their parts without becoming a trader will have their threads close or removed immediately without warning
Registered traders should ensure that advertising payments are made on time, and deposit receipts promptly emailed to email@example.com (without the nospam) if you wish to continue trading on SAU.
Note: The rules for private sellers shown above also apply to business traders
Recently, moderaters have been deleting too many stupid posts in the for sale section and as such, the following now apply:
1. Absolutely no "Free Bumps" or "Nice car wish I could afford it" comments - If you like what you see and you wish to compliment the seller, send them a pm
Only post on the thread if you have a genuine question or are genuinely interested in the items being offered for sale
2. No price debates - put simply if you do not agree with the price being asked, do not comment on the thread. If you believe the seller is asking too much then either pm the thread starter or dont buy the items advertised - simple.
There is to be no "My cousin can get it for much less" or "Your asking too much" comments
Again comments such as the above will be deleted and if users persist in posting such comments, a warning will be issued
3. Lastly, in light of recent dodgy traders that have popped up, if you see a user or thread that you think is suspicious, pm a moderator or report the post immediately!! - Dont start throwing accusations around. Anyone that bad mouths any trader without proof will also be issued with a warning
Please consult the bad traders list before handing over any money!
These rules are here to ensure a safe and enjoyable trading environment for all users so please respect the rules and enjoy the forums.