SAU Community

Australian Club

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly what sort of club do u mean Prank

an Aus version of SDU or just a car club.

i have all the paper needed to register the name, become an incorperated association and become CAMS affiliated. The only thing is it will be WA based, if you want a national club. if we go with apile of state branches then i'm ready to ahead with the WA one.

Guys, my two cents says use the SDU AU name. It kind of has a nice ring to it. If we do this though, are we in any way obligated to team up with SDU?

Now, before some of you start ranting about how they upset your poor little hearts, think about it. The benifits of associating ourselves with them will more than likely outweigh the downside to it. They have valuable experience in areas we will need & if you completely cut off communication with them you loose that asset.

I'm not saying that we should be under them either. Rather start off the club from day one with the goal to be their equal one day.

Learn from their mistakes, use them as a model, and exceed their establishment. :twisted:

George

i dont think we should be affiliated with nz boys..

bah to them and there experience.. look at how theyve turned out :(..

i dont know if jumping straight into national is a good idea... should concentrate on getting a state group together first but keep the forums for nation wide..

bah to them and there experience.. look at how theyve turned out :(..

[/quote:c199b3848c]

Urmine, this is exactly why we should look at their experience. Don't let your emotions cloud your judjement my friend. Learn from their mistakes and turn them into something positive.

I guarantee you, working with someone is always beneficial to you instead of working against them.

Again, let me state, I'm not saying let them be our pimps but our equals. For God's sake we have the numbers!

clouded the future of this club is

pissed the nz boys might be if SDU name we use from them without authorisation

needed is permission from them if SDU name is wanted

thinking of more useful ideas is what i shall do

it just seems like they dont really care about any of the australians that were on the forums..

there gonna look after there financial member's and thats it.. they dont care if were there or not..

a couple of the guys were contacting i think it was arithon for a while on how to become a member and they heard nothing back from them?? do u think there keen??

f**k em i say..

Guys,

Can we try to keep this forum serious?

I think a state-wide club is a good idea, perhaps we should run the clubs independant of each other with the same name?? National would be fantastic, I am not fussed on a name, because it is only a name... who cares what its called so long as everybody in the club is enjoying themselves.

Who here is coming to the cruise on the 5th? we can all have a chat about it then...

Skyzerr33,

Can you email me re. CAMS affiliation?

Thanks.

Christian

Yes Obi 1 Kanobi. :lol:[/quote:733f285b31] LMAO!!!

Well I'm undecided. I kinda like the idea of keeping the SDU name though, or even SDU-AU as onarun said. We could ask them if we could use the name, but still start from scratch, ie not be affiliated with them in any way.

As for separate states, or national, well I'm not sure what would happen with us ACT ppl if it were divided into separate states. Would we just join the NSW ppl? I don't know if we'd have the numbers to have our own ACT section.

Guest MrTea

I dont think we should really have to loose our affliation with SDU. Becuase it was them who really started SDU up. I think we could still be a seperate Club and still remain affiliated with SDU. Without SDU we would be just a bunch of misfits with no place to cruise.

but on another note i think those new zealanders should take out down under :( there not down under, unless it involves there sheep.

Without SDU we would be just a bunch of misfits with no place to cruise.

[/quote:b60b9474c3]

im sorry mrTea but i dont really agree with u there buddy.. sdu has done nothing for us other than create a forum which we were all part of and then basically kick us out..

im sorry i know alot of u feel like u have a major tie with sdu.. but really they did nothing for us.. we have been crusing here in syd for quite a while with no help from sdu.. its just gonna take a a fair bit of work from a couple of ppl in each state to create a state by state club with a national website/forum??? what u gusy think?

i think that would be the best solution.. then every state will be able to head in the direction they please..