SAU Community

"Best" BOV for 1996 Skyline

Hi guys i'm new to these forums (joined up a few days ago) and i am currently in the process of purchasing the 1996 Black Skyline Allblitz has for sale. Firstly i want ur oppinions on this car, pros cons and critisism.

Also i would be wanting to install a BOV (personal taste) and want to know of 'the best' BOV for this car. Another question i have is in regard to the Apexi PFC, where can i go in Brisbane to get it installed n properly tuned.

Thanks

Shane :)

Thanks for the info so far. Yeh ive been looking at the GFB series for a awhile n they seem to be a good product. I also heard that their Atomic Boost Contorller is a very good product and works well in increasing more power earlier. Any comments on that one?

Link is

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=76802

I have been sent many more pictures detailing the exact extent of any damage to the car. And i also have the mechanics report done of the car in japan. If you want the report i can post it up here.

Any and all info valued.

Thanks

Shane

Car looks awsome... seems like its got an aftermarket intercooler (which isnt listed) due to the piping in the engine bay??

Id finish the exhaust system (dump/front/cat) then put a boost controller on and boost it up to 10-11psi (as much as standard ECU can handle).

Then afterwards chuck the power FC on and set boost to whatever you want and then the fun begins of choosin a turbo etc lol

Thanks bud i think its looks pretty schmick too...not quite sure bout the intercooler, importer didnt say nyhting bout it (also didnt ask) but the pipe has to be aftermarket

As soon as i get it in my hands i'll be taking it straight to the dyno, putting in a Power FC, AVC-R (if needed, can u guys plz comment on if i need it or not), GFB BOV, Boost Controller. (courtesy of Autotech most probibly).

Could u please name some options (brands, specifics etc) on the rest of the exhaust.

I wont be changing the turbo anytime soon so wat psi should i run at most on the stocko n be running safe n be durable (possible to use 2 maps? daily running n 'smoke em running')

The Apexi AVC-R is an electronic boost controller, so you wouldn't need another fitted. You're probably thinking of the Apexi SAFC, and that adjusts air/fuel ratios. If you're getting a Power FC fitted I don't think you'd need the SAFC

BATMBL off these forums sells cats and front/dump pipes that many members would recommend, so start off with him

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=15558

Stock R33 turbo's have a ceramic exhaust wheel, so keeping the boost under 13-14psi is recommended

Sounds like a great buy, so good luck with it and all the best

thats good to hear mate, im also dealing with husnu, he's very helpful n he dont mind talking in depth about stuff.

wat sort of power rating, rwkw's, would i be looking at achieving with this cars gear, also with the addition of the Power FC, AVCr set to 10psi, tuned by autotech n hi flow cat n engine pipes?