SAU Community

Parents going to buy me a Golf R32!

OC

I got a skyline, but my daddy is getting me a Ferrari.... and a Lambo and and...

School holidays start in a week, i think this kid is already in holiday mode.

If its true, congrats good for you. I am 100% sure this is bullshit, or a bragging thread, both are useless...

If you dont have any, dont post.

Lol a person who has been on the forums for 1 month is telling a person who joined in 2002 to not post. Your start to the forums aint gonna be good. Just pull a mines_datsun and create a new account. Funny hey Greg?

Your parents should not be buying you cars...

i third that... i had to sacrifice money for the two years prior to getting my R33, ( even now im working 2 jobs to pay off a small loan i hada take out for my car )even then i had just saved enough to buy it, my mummy n daddy didnt buy me a car, they wanted me to learn for myself the sacrifies and related things you have to go through to be able to afford what you want, whats next, when your 21 and ready to move outa home, are your mummy n daddy gonna buy you a house on the beach as well???

i try to steer away from posting negative posts.... but when kids... i'll call you a kid coz im 18 so technically im a young adult, post up threads like this... in my mind purely to brag, coz like someone previously mentioned, if you want advice on a vw, go to a vw forum....or better yet, do some research on the net, it takes 5 seconds to pull up like 10,000 results on google, coz to people like me who have had to work hard for the car they have ( just like nearly everyone else on here ) little rich kids like you, who have mummy n daddy go buy them a car like that, really piss me off.

and thats my :D done :D

Hay I lived and worked in the UK for 3 years so I could afford my car and a few other things. If his parents want to buy him a car like this then he's a lucky kid. There are other users of the forum that's parents have spent alot of money on their cars for them so you can't really bad the guy cause his parents have cash. Hell I'd love it if my parents bought me something like this. True when you work for something you appreciate it more, but how many of you would turn down an offer like this from your parents?

Bothers me off about the "R32" name too.. they could have at least chosen something else

And Ferrari has been using the "GT" prefix well before Nissan. And pairs of round tail lights.

Maybe Nissan should have chosen something else instead of naming the GT-R, GT-X, GTS, etc and making the two "stove top" rear lights a signature part of the vehicle......

As far as im concerned he posted in the 'General Automotive Section' so the fact that he is talking about this car shouldnt be a problem. The great thing i like about SAU is not only that we are all fans of Skylines but we all share an automotive passion. He asked for feedback on a car his parents plan to buy him and although the thread was not aptly named, "Parents going to buy me a Golf R32", i think its getting a bit out of hand. Whether or not you choose to acknowledge his information as truth or not is up to you, personally i can see it being bullshit, but if it aint then good for him, doesnt mean you have to give him shit. As for his parents buying his car, i dont condone this act because like many of you i believe there is much more gratification and life experience earned from purchasing your own car whether it be from savings or through a loan (that has to be payed back, obviously). This, however, shouldn't automatically make him less of an enthusiast who has honest questions about his aledged cars. If any of you were put in a similar position at that age, what do you think you would do? I dont think many people can honestly vouch they would say "**** you mom and dad, im buying my own damn car." If anyones to blame, its his parents, not him.

In short, ill be eating my own words if this is all bullshit, but i have more respect for the posters of this board than any other car related forums on the net, and this kind of response to someones post isnt really aligned with the rep. of said site, so, lay off.

I dont really give two hoots about the rest.

But the R32 skyline, and the R32 golf thing I find a bit funny.

R32 being the model (as in chassie run number thingy) of the skylines correct? Just like A31 cefiro. Etc etc, VS commodore. Then in those runs of cars you have GTR, say with the commodores Calais, Executive etc.

So R32 golf being the type. Im not sure of its code. But wake up. Geewizz, you think VW could give a rats about a 15yo Datto, with less displacement running assisted to make the same type of power and times?

Oh, and one thing with the Ps buying said R32 golf... Didnt limited numbers of only 200 come in to the country which were pretty much all sold within weeks? So this car would have to be 2nd hand? I havent checked the prices, but Im guessing they wouldnt be so exxy now.

Also while I remember, these little buggers also run a 6speed getrag box, pretty sure they are running 6 pot fronts, and 4 pot rears, wider body, much higher spec interior. I mean, saying they are over priced or not 'as good as an evo/subi' whatever, that is a joke, they are a serious bit of car.

VW R32 info

Mate if you want some info go check the link out no B/S,

IMHO if you want a car thats a "DRIVERS CAR" so to speak, stay the f**k away from VW.

Granted your mom & dad might have a bit of cash behind them, yeah ok but the VW's are a very costly car to keep on the road if driven hard,

{{E.g. I use to work for a VW dealship in servicing had one guy have his Bora V5 towed in he blew the gear box by driving it hard ( I know its not a golf but....) $24,000 dollars later the guy drove out with a brand new gear box & our time on top}} ANOTHER THING THE VASA 5051 computer system these babys use cost shit loads & you need to take the cars back to VW to have them serviced fully!!!!!!

Also another thing with the VW's ( mostly the golfs) go through a set of rotors about as quick as they go through pads, & @ well over $100 a hour in labour rates its really a good idea to stay clear of them if you intend on using it as a play car (track/Drag what ever).

I always say to people if you can not pay for the servicing on a new car DON NOT BUY ONE, you might as well chuck bucket loads of cash out the window.

My 2cents hope it helps

one of my mates dads has an R32 golf, he took me for a ride and i have to say it is pretty damn fast, probably about the same as his previous MY98 WRX. he was one of the first people in WA to buy one of the golfs he had to pre-order it like 6-months to a year in advance so yes there was only limited numbers made, and they are quite costly too. i think the price was in the $60,000 to $80,000 price range.

just my opinion but that is quite a valuable learning car, im still on P's as im only 18 and i know for a fact that you will want to push the limits and fool around in your first car, and that is when accidents are very likely to happen, so a $60,000 limited edition car isnt one you want to crash.

have you thought about the insurance on the Golf? it would be huge... i can just imagine the excess.

my 2 cents

Mitch

oh another thing too with these golfs at a guess they would be a fly by wire (no cable to throttle body computer dose it all) set up too, so once the wheel sensors pick up to much loss of traction its going to back the throttle off for you.

And TCS enabled cars with a cable throttle arrangement just cut fuel and spark instead.

Net effect is you lose power in both cases, so how is the Golf's fly-by-wire system any worse at it than any other TCS-fitted car?