SAU Community

Parents going to buy me a Golf R32!

OC

The guy over the road from me had a blue one - he just traded it for an A4 Quattro.

He loved it - the 2-door wasn't practical for him though.

Sounded great, and from all accounts drove very well.

Check VW forums for owner/driver reviews: http://www.vwvortex.com

Remember though - is based on gen-4 Golf which came out in 1997. You were 8.

Back then Sean Coombes was still called Puff Daddy, and Hanson all looked like girls.

Just saying is all...

congrats on the car mate... i don't mind the look of the golf and with the V6 it would have to go well...

as for everyone who is flaming him, remember that some people are better off finantially than others (might not be fair, but that's life) and do have parents buy a car for them. the only reason i can think of for people bagging this is jealousy

Warren.

I dont really give two hoots about the rest.

But the R32 skyline, and the R32 golf thing I find a bit funny.

R32 being the model (as in chassie run number thingy) of the skylines correct?

So R32 golf being the type.

So what you're saying is that you care not because of the principle of stealing people's names, but only because it goes against your prejudices in this instance.

At least you're honest about your inconsistency.

I got a skyline, but my daddy is getting me a Ferrari.... and a Lambo and and...  

School holidays start in a week, i think this kid is already in holiday mode.

If its true, congrats good for you. I am 100% sure this is bullshit, or a bragging thread, both are useless...

chris, didn't your dad buy you a 250rwkw skyline?

why is it such bullshit then that this guy's parents bought him a VW golf?

i know when i have kids and when (if) i have the money, i will definately be buying them a car. why? well why would i want them to work at maccas to afford a $1000 car that is unreliable and shit, when i could get them something decent?

i know it all comes down to money, and some poeple have it and others don't. life ain't fair - deal with it.

hey just llookin thru that thread haha....u neva no he may change his mind....any R32 skyline or golf is a sick looking car with all paw grip 1 just dont have 2 spoolers and aint jap or sedan/coupe

also NZM.031 im guessing u have been to www.geocities.com/frozenfood

that is one nice street S13 without bn ova tha top dont u think (my mates ride) it also quicker then the 33

congratulations on your parents financial security. providing that you are not a compelete f**kup, or suffer from some kind of mental/physical problem you should lead quite a bearable life.

Now, regarding the Golf. As you are 16 and wont be able to drive it unnacompanied how about we strike a deal. you let me use the car during the week whislt you are at school and I will give you a driving lesson each weekend. hell, if you are any good I'll give you one in the GTR.

and yes, all of the above post is serious, no sarcasm. :P

also sorry bout this....if u dont belive him n call his "dreams" bulls**t then y u bother writing 3 pages of replys?????....i aint tryin to make myself hated here but honestly.......try n b positive....if 1 guy hated GT-R's coz they cost a fortune wood u hate him....my point being that if sum1 has there views try n help them to b positive...unless they goin to end up killin themselves try n stop that!

Yeah Sik!

This is the a pic of the R32 your parents are getting you;

That is, after countless hard working hours playing gran-turismo, you have your 1st car, a R32 Golf in Arcade spec. As for the real thing - tell him his dream!!

We have a new love bug on the block.

funny thread this forum has some really interesting posts every day!

heres my opinion

i have no problems with vw using R32 as a model name, it comply with vw/audi 's tradition of naming their top of the range performance cars with the letter "R" aka RS4 RS6 RS8 and of course R32. nissan on the other hand never officially called it skyline r32 gtr, the name was simply SKYLINE GTR.

as for parents buying cars for their children, maybe they just want to share some of their hard earned money with the family, u know, show some love... i mean as long as the kid doesnt think he can just waste his life coz his parents are rich, then he should enjoy the car but behave!

btw i had a golf gti 1.8t before, apparently they are very expensive to modify in australia (unless u planing to keep it standard, but most unlikely since ur on this forum!;D) but do check out www.tunedeuro.com its the fastestgrowing eurocar forum in australia, plenty of vw know how guys there, u should get plenty feedbacks.

cheers

And Ferrari has been using the "GT" prefix well before Nissan. And pairs of round tail lights. Maybe Nissan should have chosen something else instead of naming the GT-R, GT-X, GTS, etc and making the two "stove top" rear lights a signature part of the vehicle......

True about the tail-lights and Nissan, but Corvette was also guilty.

We are talking the model designation, not the bit at the end - Isn't there a Golf GT as well.. that doesn't bother me. It would be like calling it the "Skyline F550", the "Skyline Maranello" or something, getting a bit cheeky. Believe or not, most manfacturers do fairly extensive checks to ensure their name doesn't mean "donkeys ass" in Uzbekistan or something.

Anyhow, i'm just being stupid... wish they'd called it the RS32 though :D

Apparently r32 golf is last of the era in that "hold on" capacity anyhow. Think their top line version is going to be a bit more sedate in future I remember reading.

well my thoughts are if you give your kid something too hard and fast you'll kill yourself in it - which isn't very responsible parenting. Give them a $200,000 deposit for their house when they're 25, NOT a car when they're 18 and just learning to do all the other stupid stuff in life. Cars are a shitty investment anyhow. If my parents gave me a 30k car, i'd be straight off to the nearest dealer, cashing it in.. and buying a house.. lol .. hindsight though is a wonderful thing :)

chris, didn't your dad buy you a 250rwkw skyline?  

why is it such bullshit then that this guy's parents bought him a VW golf?

i know when i have kids and when (if) i have the money, i will definately be buying them a car. why? well why would i want them to work at maccas to afford a $1000 car that is unreliable and shit, when i could get them something decent?

i know it all comes down to money, and some poeple have it and others don't. life ain't fair - deal with it.

Im not bothering him about his parents buying him a car. Im bothering that he is talking crap.

Im not bothering him about his parents buying him a car. Im bothering that he is talking crap.

True to that, good luck if his parents get him a $60K car as his 1st. If they are no need to brag about it, be up urself and in other words Talk Shit like a chimpanzee.

Also, if your oldies have the cash to blow on a VW (No offence, the R32 is one mean VW), since your a fan and member of skylineaus, one would think, you have taste and would con them into a R33 GTR, R34 GT-T, 3000GT Mitsu, Twin Turb Supra. Infact you would have money to spend on mods and have a car which FOR SURE shits all over the R32 VW as clearly money is not an issue here.

Damn!

what do your parents do in there spare time?, Fianance Revelations!, thats an expensive car mate and your not even on your P's.....

Just coz your family is rich doesn't mean you can drive. Buy an old banger first, crash it a few times and then consider a $50k+ car, hey :D. Beleive me, I have been there with the my old TX3, even tho it wasn't an old banger I did have a few prangs and shit it hurts the pocket on low wages

I think it was about $63k+ new.  So yeah, exxy limited number car, for a little hatch back anyway :D

ohh, lol. lucky him. dunno how many parents out there would buy their kids a 60grand car. i mean, 60g is alot of money. hrmm, makes me wonder if his parents confused it for a normal 25g golf ?