SAU Community

Parents going to buy me a Golf R32!

OC

i crashed my old honda (which my parents bought for me, for $200) many a time.... simply due to learning....gravel littered corners at the bottom of a steep hill after rain does nothing for braking) even my 31, i 4got to put it in gear and the handbrake didnt hold, the bastard rolled back into a pole. id hate to see a limited edition $60000 car do that

Hey, just because you can't drive doesn't necessarily mean other people can't. Stop projecting your inadequacies on others.

If your experiences on foot when you were younger didn't tell you about the amount of grip you can get on wet gravel at the bottom of a steep hill provides, that's your problem.

At any rate, he's always got the Stagea to "learn" on. I'm not saying that he's the next Michael Schumacher (there's a good chance that he'll have a prang eventually), but at the same time I know plenty of people who never crashed a car due to a lack of experience.

I call for a thread to be closed, because i dont think anything is going to progress from it.

Do you know what a self-fulfilling prophesy is?

Let me give you a hypothetical example, to illustrate. Its when someone on a forum chucks a massive whinge that a thread is going nowhere, after wandering well off topic from their first post and constantly attacking the poster rather than discussing the matter at hand.

Its just a hypothetical situation, mind you. I'm not referring to anyone specifically....... :innocent:

so anyways,

why did the koala fall out of the tree?

because it was dead!

:)

moderators close this thread, its turning sau members on each other

OC if you want information about the golf clicky clicky http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=golf+r32&meta=

Like crazy said, your asking on the wrong forum. If you want more information than google can provide then i suggest you contact VW dealer.

you lot need to grow up it was a simple request for some help & info on a car ok its not a nissan yes WHERE ARE WE "GENERAL AUTOMOTIVE DISCUSSION" section, its open in here.

We are all car enthusiasts each to there own we all like different things how would one of you feel if I came on & saw a pic of your car & said it was shit for no reason.....

Ok For example I have got a friend that is like O.C. at the age of 15 (keep in mind he did not even have a licence) he got a MR lancer for his birthday SO don't just think that just because he is young he is talking shit it can & dose happen, familys have money & some people show thier love by giving lavish gifts, because they can & love some one dearly...

Enough said STOP THE CRAP!!!!!!!!

you lot need to grow up it was a simple request for some help & info on a car ok its not a nissan yes WHERE ARE WE "GENERAL AUTOMOTIVE DISCUSSION" section, its open in here.

We are all car enthusiasts each to there own we all like different things how would one of you feel if I came on & saw a pic of your car & said it was shit for no reason.....

Ok For example I have got a friend that is like O.C. at the age of 15 (keep in mind he did not even have a licence) he got a MR lancer for his birthday SO don't just think that just because he is young he is talking shit it can & dose happen, familys have money & some people show thier love by giving lavish gifts, because they can & love some one dearly...

Enough said STOP THE CRAP!!!!!!!!

lol that was a lancer, this is a VW R32..see the difference?

btw, the stagea he has already got is extremely rare too, does he pull these cars outta hes ass?

lol that was a lancer, this is a VW R32..see the difference?

nope, i don't see the difference... a mate of mine got an M3 for his 16th birthday.... mind you the dip$hit wrote it off two weeks later, but thats not the point.

I on the other hand had to save hard for a few years.....

Tsk tsk tsk......there are some jealous people out there, so what? His parents could afford to buy him his first car, no need to get jealous and upset about it.

OK....if he's lying, that's really his own loss. If he's telling the truth, then all you can do is congratulate him on his purchase. There's no need for people to go on about parents not buying there kids cars, house whatever. People need to start accepting that there actually ARE people out there that are in better financial positions then themselves.....it's a fact of life.

Frankly, i can't see why someone elses life is of such importance to some of you people, anyways, moving on....

Well I don't really like the VWs, I think the money could be spent on something better for the same price........but if its what you like, then congratulations.

p.s. r32s R EXTREMELY RARE, wonder which lebjob ur parents bribed to get one

I'm not lebanese, but I don't think you should be saying things like that.

Can you please explain to me how a trio of FWD 4 bangers compare to a 4WD V6? They're approximately half the cost (the Barina even less) of the VW. I'd run the Clio and Focus against a Golf GTi, but not the R32.

ok ok, maybe I missed some minor details like the drivetrain and cylinders, but thats not the point.....or maybe it is :confused:

:chairshot

Well, its 4am in the morning and I can't believe I just went through these past 7 pages. O.C, good luck to you, but don't learn how to drive the hard way and crash a very expensive car, I don't care who u are, your parents would be pissed!!!!

Also, I don't think it was entirely essential to state that your parents are buying you the car though, its a bit of a stirr to the rest of the people on the forums who worked hard for their cars.

hahaha thanks guys im just taking a study break and that provided me with some nice reading :(

While im posting.

OC: Goodluck and I hope you know your limits and try not to kill yourself in the R32. Personally id go an evo 7, they would both have to be second hand anyways and are in a similar price range and parts/maintenance wont be as pricey.

Only thing I would have to agree on is with Scathings comments about parents buying you a house. Hey if my parents offered to buy me a house then id certainly take them up on it, I dont wanna be stuck in a 9-5 job till im in my mid 30s paying off a loan......

Ok not having a go at anyone but what I do find disturbing is that fact that some 18 yr olds are having a go at him. Your talking down on him as if he is a toddler, does 2 years really make that much of a difference in maturity and financial freedom ?

eh....my 2 cents.

Hey, just because you can't drive doesn't necessarily mean other people can't. Stop projecting your inadequacies on others.

If your experiences on foot when you were younger didn't tell you about the amount of grip you can get on wet gravel at the bottom of a steep hill provides, that's your problem.

At any rate, he's always got the Stagea to "learn" on. I'm not saying that he's the next Michael Schumacher (there's a good chance that he'll have a prang eventually), but at the same time I know plenty of people who never crashed a car due to a lack of experience.

im merely telling him this because things happen....i grew up riding dirt bikes and driving cars around my property. i wasnt aware that it had rained outside....brief strong shower while i was inside....it was night, so i couldnt see the difference in the road. crap fell down from the tree on the corner, scattered all over the road...the car just spun into an armco doing 20kms, that was 2 weeks after i got my p's. it happens. im just letting this kid know that.

matey my bf is lebanese ok, its just a normal way i refer to lebanese people, its not meant to be offensive to anyone

Well I'm not offended at all, considering that fact that I'm not lebanese.

I just think those sort of comments are not required.......

Anyway it was just an observation.........end of story.