SAU Community

theres different types of imprezas dude... impreza wrx, rx, and sum other one ( glx i think ???) so ahhh what impreza ru talking about?.

also why bother comparing them on a forum, go out and test it in reality if you want answers.... obviously everyone on here will have different opinions on a wrx vs a gts-t.... some wont even admit that a wrx will kill there car for obvious reasons, i know i wouldnt, even though im aware it would.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your compareing the wrong things.. compare the Impreza with the GTS-t and the WRX with the GTR...

Impreza with gts-t... what kind of impreza? surely an rx is not even comparable to a gts-t...

A WRX is nothing more than a turbocharged shopping trolley with 4 doors' date=' a crappy subaru 'box and Mum-friendly handling characteristics.

QUOTE']

That comment quite clearly shows you have no idea about what a performance car is about.

For the record, an auto WRX is less that half a second slower than a manual to 100k, and hence would still chop a stock 33. 1/4 mile would be almost dead heat.

The only impreza to compare with a gts ( 2.5 none turbo rb25de) would be a rs 2.5 impreza with a ej25 none turbo .

The line will be marginaly quicker than the impreza in this case .

Its silly to try to compare a wrx ( even an sti ) with gtr , there is no comparison there and the new car gtr price is double to that of an sti in japan .

By the way i have both cars right now , a 02 sti and a r34 gtr so i speak with experiance .

Sti is a good comparison with an evo and they are similar price as well .

a my03 wrx vs a r33 gtst.. interesting comparion, since you've asked this on a skylines forum you're going to get a skyline biased opinion....i dare say you ask this on www.wrx.com.au or www.rexnet.com.au and you'd get the abosolute reverse answer. To be honest only way you'll ever know if you drive both personally and make youre mind up using your experience. Personally speaking, driven both cars, a gtst would have a pretty damn hard time keeping up with it 0-100. the torque down low of the boxer and AWD is hard to beat. down the strip though.. depending on mods... well gtst should be top end, but i dont think a stock gtst vs a my03 would stand a chance; strip, street or track IMO.

A WRX is nothing more than a turbocharged shopping trolley with 4 doors, a crappy subaru 'box and Mum-friendly handling characteristics.  

You're a tool

Where in the topic does it ask for your opinion on the car? The question is about performance, not what you think of WRX's.

I test drove a new standard rex last weekend. Frankly I was quite disappointed with the low end torque of it. I hopped in my R33 and was much happier.

Things that were nice were that there were less squeeks and the car is a bit smaller so feels more throwable.

If you launch the rex no doubt it would beat a gtst but I really don't think it is worth the extra money. Felt really slack till you got >3.5-4k on board. Rex has more usable space inside. The AWD is nice but less fun. If you want outright perfoemance, in terms of handling and dump clutch acceleration then go the rex.

If the rex didn't slingshot the start then I am pretty sure my R33 is faster. Though it does have exhaust and R34 intercoooler whereas the rex was stock and quite tight (only 200kms)

You could tell in terms of the turbo hit that the rex hasa smaller turbo. Didn't feel like a real hit once the turbo came on song.

Track - WRX

Lights - WRX

Freeway - Skyline

Drift - Well duh.. lol

The Rex is awsome in terms of handling etc but if it didnt carry the awd would be a pretty average car... if your going to do roll ons your going to hammer the WRX all day, from what ive seen they are terrible on the freeway in stock form HOWEVER ive never come across a stock Skyline so they could be just as bad? Ive only been in modified ones which will make more power mod for mod.

Btw if it was an STI.. then it maybe a different story on the freeway too

Actually the original poster was asking about both cars in a performance aspect, taking

modifications into consideration.

Forget STi's, Forget GTRs.. Which car would be better on bang for your buck on mods? Ahem.

Sorry. Personal opinion.. I think because a rexy is a FWD biased 4 door, (think rx/gs with a turbo and awd) - Its my opinion that it's a glorified shopping trolley. I prefer driving a rwd car.. And the AWD system on the GTR is what makes Nissan cars so much better.

All comes down to what you want.

Some people learn to drive in shitty little lasers and fords, old hondas etc that are FWD and just like that driving style. I've always driven RWD, and to me its the only basis for a decent vehicle.

And for the Haters, your mothers smells like farts.

Well no... if you go crazy with power rwd is fairly useless(without ALOT of cash spent on an awsome suspension set up, tyres etc etc). The awd system on a WRX dead standard is simply awsome, line one up in the wet and watch them go will you sit there snapping the back everytime you put your foot down, been there done that its damn annoying lol

If what you mean by fwd biased is they understeer abit, they handle 100 times better than an r33.

Saying all this i much prefer the r33 but if its anything other than straight line on the run the WRX will come out ontop modified or not.

I think were missing the main points here.

I feel bang for your buck the R33 is a better package.

IMO the R33 has a better engine in every aspect and anyone who feels the RB is not 20 times better in every aspect is CRAZY. Don't care what you say.

Also yes a WRX will slaughter an R33 if you launch it! DUH its all wheel drive! What your not taking into account is that you'll pay for that in clutches, correct me if im wrong.

Having driven both of these cars both STi's and normal R33's WRX's etc and knowing many people who own them the WRX seems to have an appetite for gearboxes also. In the twisties an R33 would kill the WRX.

Thats my 2 cents.

Yep WRXs kill their gearboxs thats fo sure.

Did you mean to say an r33 will kill a WRX in the twisties or was that an accident? You said you've driven both so you must of meant it the other way around, an r33 would get left for dead in the twistes with the wrx awd system!

i have r33 with 230rwkw.....beats my mates standard my99 i think wrx, i also have tien coilovers and reckon id beat him through the corners to.....

ive also heard that clutches go easy, and once thats gone the gearbox is next..... so in saying that, standard form the wrx would win....

mod both the same and i think it becomes a closer race but the r33 will come out on top and last longer, cost less.....

my opinion anyway