SAU Community

lol id hope a 230rwkw r33 wud beat a standard WRX lol

You should be about 10 car lengths ahead at 150kms hahahaha

I think you should take his car for a spin n give it some through the corners, you wont be able to accelerate outta the corners like he can, and balance of the car still probably wont be as good. But ask him if you can and let him drive your car in a straight line im sure hed enjoy that :( Dont let him rev it up n dump it off the line like his car though or u wont go no where hehehe

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very true, i went in the car with an older Asian guy as my mate wanted to buy this SSS off him. He scared the hell outta me going around corners in the wet i thought omg this car handles awsome!!! (Which they do handle well). However i drove it along with my mate and the handling dulled down abit, realised he was just a damn good driver who knew how to get the best outta the car weather it be in a straight line or corners.

This thread looks like WW3.

Let's put into perspective. There's always gonna be a car that will smoke you, it's what you prefer to drive. Since the starter of the thread isn't picking there's no point going into that.

He just wants to beat his mate. To beat your mate, just do up your r33 a little and you'll be right!

As for those who say the auto wrx is a joke, I was impressed with the wrx evo 4 I drove. I thought the shift on it was fantastic for an auto, off course I didn't get to thrash it too much.

Also on a track I think the wrx AWD doesn't help THAT MUCH.. as watching certain classes of racing I always see them pretty even all round with everything else on the field.

The racing ive seen generally STIs and Series 6 upwards Rx7s lead the field... If the track is short and twisty the Rexs will munch, if its long and you get some speed up then this hurts the Rexs are top end on these cars isnt to crash hot without some decent $$$ spent

A friend & I we have the same rivalry, he has a MY03 WRX (manual) only with 3" cat-back & I have a R33 GTS-t tuned just under 200rwkw (suspension mods: adj tein coilovers, adj camber & castor kit, adj rear sway bar & front strutbrace). Obviously in a straight line or though sweepers theres no competition. However, Im reluctant to say when we go cruising through a lot of sharp twisties it takes a bit of effort tryin to keep up & no its not the driver :Paranoid:. Its for this reason when my group go on cruises we have a WRX leading in the hills, coz it's idiot proof.

You'll find stock for stock the WRX will outpace the GTSt, but if you spent the remaining amount of money on mods as to the same purchase price for the WRX it should be a different story.

wrx is producing more power because it runs higher boost, true???

in standard form sti will pull a 13 sec 1/4 time!!! the r33 will plod over doin probally a 15!!!

the wrx starts its life with a much better deal <--- its got all the good stuff when it comes to handling, dynamics, chassis and will do circles around your stock gts-t

on the flip side the skyline is in much restricted form and only need be coached with a few minor modifications to get it putting out the goods too <--- i.e. turbo back, CAI, and a pfc to get things rolling ...

mod each of the car from their stock form with the exact same modifications and they will shine in different areas

you will find things your car will beat your mates at and their will be things your mates car will flog yours doing just depends on what you like best

if your going to mod it buy the r33!!!! (you will be very happy with it i know i am)

AND SORRY BOUT THE RAMBLING ON N STUFF GUYS!!!

You guys are ridiculous.

WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE! The laws of FORCE AND MOTION STILL APPLY TO YOU.

R33 - 187KW, 1390kg

WRX - 168KW, 1390kg

I already posted that. No one seems to have read it. Its not the power outputs IN MY EXPERIENCE, its the documented output from the companies that make the cars, they know ALOT more than you do!!!

It doesn't matter who says what, 168KW is 168KW, if everyone agrees an excel is faster than a HSV in stock form, then everyone is wrong.

Just look at the facts! If you think however that the laws of physics are defined from opinions in a forum, then base your purchase on what you hear here. Other wise use your head and read the numbers, they don't lie!

You guys are ridiculous.

WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE! The laws of FORCE AND MOTION STILL APPLY TO YOU.

R33 - 187KW, 1390kg

WRX -  168KW, 1390kg

I already posted that. No one seems to have read it. Its not the power outputs IN MY EXPERIENCE, its the documented output from the companies that make the cars, they know ALOT more than you do!!!

It doesn't matter who says what, 168KW is 168KW, if everyone agrees an excel is faster than a HSV in stock form, then everyone is wrong.

Just look at the facts! If you think however that the laws of physics are defined from opinions in a forum, then base your purchase on what you hear here. Other wise use your head and read the numbers, they don't lie!

You're missing the key differentiating factor.....AWD.

Stock r33s dyno at ALOT more than stock WRXs do as well, so where the hell did you get the WRX will be producing more power? Also WRXs loose more power due to the awd driveline too...

A WRX will run high 14 second 1/4 if its near new. Older ones are slower too.

They only run these times due to a 1.6 60' time!!!! On the go everybody knows they are fairly gutless unless you spend some bucks on the engine to get it going.

R33s will produce far more power and be far quicker, only disadvantge in the straightline racing aspect is the rwd vs awd of course.

Firstly, i'm not missing the 4WD point, becuase i don't believe a stock R33 has enough power to have uncontrollable wheel spin. I left that out, cause that is an opinion not a fact.

The original question was about wanting to beat a mates 168KW vehicle, he wants to use a 187kw vehicle to do it. I think thats a pretty good start wouldn't you. If they are going to actually sit on the strip and race, might have to practise launches a bit, but on the street an extra 19kw will be useful. Anyone who wants to argue that a car with 11% power handicap will "SMOKE YOU" has got to think about that a few more times when they have the same kerb weight.

okay, umm, my opinion...just for another perspective on the whole thing...

in the comparison, the two cars are similar weights, they are similarl powered...

but what about the gear ratios and diff ratios, they are going to be totally different, thus making them a comparison of apples and oranges...

if you were to stick a high ratio diff in the back of an R33 (and it could actually get traction) then it is going to be quicker off the mark, and vice versa, it depends on teh gear ratios of the box too, if first is really tall then second is a long way away then you are going to fall off the cam and the engine will take time to get back "on power"...and then there is the whole torque curve of the engine argument...:S

persay, I had a Datsun 180b (once upon a time) with a 4.8:1 diff in it and it kept up with V6's only coz it could accelerate hard...

There's torque down low in a WRX? When did that happen.

I test drove a MY03 WRX when I was car hunting, and the thing was gutless below 3500RPM. It was one of the most frustrating "sports cars" to drive.

I'll admit it was great when I sunk the boot in and rev'ed it out in the first few gears, but when I traversed the variety of speed humps that infest the dealership's neighbourhood, I found that I had to keep the engine boiling to go anywhere.

It didn't help that I'd been driving Skylines and Silvias beforehand. You can cross speed humps in 3rd gear at a "reasonable" speed with these cars and, while it'll lug, it will also accelerate. The WRX felt like it was about to stall.

You guys are ridiculous.

^^ ;)

I think somebody forgot to take their happy pill LOL!!!

dont get so wound up its just ppl opinions thats what this guy was asking for!!! =)

Oi scathing do you seriously take on speed humps in third gear???

Firstly, i'm not missing the 4WD point, becuase i don't believe a stock R33 has enough power to have uncontrollable wheel spin. I left that out, cause that is an opinion not a fact.

So basically, you're saying that an R33 is not disadvantaged in terms of launch, when compared to a WRX........sorry mate but that's a crock.....

dont worry IOWNU, psybic put his nickers on the worng way round today i think ...

he is entitled to his opinion just let him go really i mean is it that big of a deal???

LoL, I'm not saying he's not entitled to his opinion....I'm just saying it's wrong.

Anyway CBS anymore.....so yeah, let it drop.

Oi scathing do you seriously take on speed humps in third gear???

On lazy days I might. And when I'm test driving a vehicle and checking out its low / mid range.

Skylines and Silvias don't like being slowed down to 20-30km/hr in 3rd and then made to accelerate, but they'll do it. A WRX won't.