SAU Community

Stagea -v- R34

PranK

Hey y'all.

As some of you know, my plan is to get an R34 GTT 'round the middle of next year.

Well.... i am kinda considering a Stagea now too. I would love to have a wagon to put my bike in and its hella sexy too.

Any opinions? What would I be looking at paying for a '99 - '01 Stagea? 'round 40 - 50k ?

Thanks.

Christian

Am I the only one that thinks the Stagea is a very ugly piece of machinery? I'll go as far as saying, if I was looking for a car like that, i'd go buy a Turbo XR6. I'll even stick my hand in the oven and say i'd buy a VY SS Commodore over a Stagea. Plenty of room, quick, big potential, and a bit of style :mad: :uh-huh:

Buy the R34 :uh-huh:

Guest Boxhead
Originally posted by Morgs

Am I the only one that thinks the Stagea is a very ugly piece of machinery?

yes, you are the only one...

prank, get what you want, evaluate everything, including space etc.

i looked at getting one, i think there a bit cheaper then that, but not sure specifically for 99 onwards, if you go for a 97ish you could get one for udner 30 i would say...

i like them, however i dont think many bodykit joints stock copies for them, so if you brake a front bar etc, you might be up for a bit in getting one sent over...

dude the R34 GTR front end fits onto a Stagea. A friend is gettin his stagea in june and its going to be very exciting. Dynamically its obviously going to be inferior to the R34 due to the extra weight high up above the rear end, but you get the practicality tradeoff.

I would be torn too, you just have to look at what is MOST important to YOU and go from there. Gut feeling is pre-modded R34 GT-T as ive been in one on a hard mountain run and it was sick.

well, i dont take the bike in the car often, but when i do..

i could just get a towball on the R34... *puke*

Slip - my friend has bought in an R34 with trust exhaust, trust cooler, power fc, seats, 3 pc 18's, fully adj suspension and full kit (silver) and he will be selling it when i am buying, so i will be very keen on that one.

VERY responsive to throttle and steering inputs. The ride from the teins was great, with strong midrange exiting turns. A very composed and smooth car even when going rather quick and not being driven smoothly sometimes. Good brakes too. A turbo with maybe a similar exhaust side but bigger compressor for some more hp but with similar responsiveness. It wouldnt need much more as a road/track/road rally/drift car. Loved it, heeeaps better than the R33 GTR ive been in. 34 was 40k with all mods on it, 33 GTR was 50k stock.

Slip, I was considering a '33 GTR too, but I am in love with the '34 looks. (besides, i have already done the '33 thing, even if it was only a GTST).

Sounds like you were very impressed by the car. I am looking forward to taking one for a drive. (I have only sat in one so far).

i like the stagea, but not as much as i like the looks of the Mitsi Legnum TT wagon... saw a few nice ones at the yards in NZ when i was there the other week... if u go to the takakaira webpage and look at the silver one they have on the main kits page that is the same kit i was seeing on them there. Yes i know theyre a mitsushi7i, but damn they look good.

You wouldnt want to buy a Stagea as an outright performance car, they are quite heavy and dynamically they arent that flash. I've got Tein HAs in mine and even with them it leaves a little to be desired. Straight line speed is about on par with an R33 GTSt of the same Spec. As a family car they rock, plenty of space, big doors, good aircon.

In terms of price you'd be real lucky to get one much under 40 regardless of year due to the fact that no-one has compliance under the old scheme. Mine is for sale as it appeared in SPEED for around 50k - bear in mind its the only fully registered Stagea in the country.

Jash