SAU Community

hks 2510 on RB20DET.....

huddy

The 2510 doesn't drop out of revs up high. It will just be producing less power than the larger turbos on full song but in no way will it feel like the power drops off.

A lot of advice here from people that have no experience with the turbo it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

Huddy, I run a RB20DET in my Zed with the GT25-440Hp & it is sweet, currently running std computer with fcd, and it makes 201rwkw@15psi. also have the same turbo on my R33 and it makes 240rwkw at 15psi. there is a lot of adapting to get it to fit/connect but I find it a great option.

cheers

As stated, 2510 on my car. Its definatley not a 2530

Has made a best of 208rwkw, makes peak power at 6500rpm, drops of a little after that, but only 10kw or so

When I first put it on, i had standard injectors and re-chipped ecu, but as the injectors where maxed out, no more power could be had

Running GTR injectors and PFC now, and with the bigger injectors we could add heaps more fuel in the mid-range and wind in more boost

I have attached the first dyno of when I did the injector upgrade, you can see the extra power that was made mid-range! Boost was 1.3bar, but dropping of to 1bar up top due to bleed valve

Running a PFC boost controller now, so it hold power up top more

If I had the choice, I'd run a 2530 if I had to do it all again, or a TD06 like Roy has

yeah, very happy with the PFC, with the whole car really. Sure, a bit more power would be nice, but its only a dyno figure, and a few seconds at full noise can land you in a bit of trouble lately, so its a good compromise

I had it down the 1/4 with the first setup, ran 14.3 at 104.9mph, with a 2.4 or 2.6 60ft, I cant remember

I have done 2 runs with the new setup, but the meet was called of due to rain, so my first run was 14.3ish at 103mph, and my second run was a 14.03 at 102mph, but it started to rain just as I was half way down and changing into 3rd, so it spun the wheels a bit and it showed on the times

Confident it would run a low 13 given the right lauch etc

Yeah, R32 5speed, with cermaic button clutch and rock hard sus, not th easiest thing to launch, although the mech. diff helps a little