SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

apprently the 260rs brake pads are the same as the 33,34gtrs for the front and i would susprct th rers are the same. they share the same part numbers

of course they are :whistling: the brembos are r33 gtr items on 260rs's, and the r34 ones are identical but painted gold instead. so brake pads would be exactly the same :laugh:

beKW FLUIDS QIAE AHOULD I JUAT UAW dor 4 onwa or go for the dot 5?

Also i've heard that if we keep on changing different brand of brake fluid its not good for the rubber seals in the brake system is that true?

wtf does that say? :whistling:

one tip is to re-read your posts b4 u add them as typos just make it sooo hard to read

no offence it just shit me haha, take a look over it once u post to see if its readable :D

thanks mate

hd;ofn;sdffndsfbf/e34[8fdjcdsjb/sd :laugh:

Edited by CruiseLiner

soz my son was playing with me and got distracted.

Anyway what i mean is brake fluids are there much difference between DOT 4& 5?

I've heard also about if we keep on switching brands when we change the brake fluids it will screw up the seals? Can anybody enlightened me please.

soz my son was playing with me and got distracted.

Anyway what i mean is brake fluids are there much difference between DOT 4& 5?

I've heard also about if we keep on switching brands when we change the brake fluids it will screw up the seals? Can anybody enlightened me please.

As far as i heard from Race brakes, they said it won't damage your seals. Also any brand of DOT4 is the same.

The difference between the DOT4 & DOT5 is the Boiling Temperature. DOT5.1 have a higher temperature rating and of course it's a higher quality brake fluid than DOT4.

beKW FLUIDS QIAE AHOULD I JUAT UAW dor 4 onwa or go for the dot 5?
wtf does that say? :(

one tip is to re-read your posts b4 u add them as typos just make it sooo hard to read

thanks mate

hd;ofn;sdffndsfbf/e34[8fdjcdsjb/sd ;)

f**kING GOLD!!!!

HHAHAHA

I had the same reaction. I started reading and thought, what the hell is he trying to say, LOL...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

has anyone confirmed yet that the R33gts (DBA 4963) rotors bolt on to the s2 front with some outside diameter machining ???? the was some talk of them touching calipers, has anyone done this to their s2, or something different they can share.

What about R34 Gtt rotors and calipers on front and back, would this upset the brake bias significantly ? thanks

Edited by chook

• 1 month later...

Hey huys im a little conf*cked.

i want new pads for the S1 had a look at that autospeedbits site and tried to work out from the selection list they have what i need for the front and back, but had no luck.

http://www.autospeedbits.com.au/resources/...BrakesList.html

here is my question:

are the pads on the front and rear the same as the r33gtst/gtr or the r32gtst/gtr.

sorry again but i have read this thread front to back and all i want is a descent set of pads.

thanks for any help in advance cheers again

Clint, I believe it's DB1250 for the front, and DB1144 for the rear, assuming you're still running the standard s1 brakes.

Unfortunately, they're only two-spot brakes on the front, and one-spots on the rear, as opposed to 4-spot F and 2-spot R on the R32 GT-R and GTSt, and R33 GTSt.

• 1 month later...

So no one has found s2 stagea front pads yet,

I have spent heap of time trying to match up a set and the closest i came was a set of 'rdb 1439' they are slighltly longer and need some machining down to fit app 3mm per side.

The other day at work i was working on a 2005 subaru liberty gt i saw that the pad looked very familiar so i measured it ....157mm in length same as s2 stagea. So i will be checking this out shortly and hopfully it will put an end to all s2 stagea owners worries... :D

but if anyone else has a solution already please let us know...

and thanks

So no one has found s2 stagea front pads yet,

I have spent heap of time trying to match up a set and the closest i came was a set of 'rdb 1439' they are slighltly longer and need some machining down to fit app 3mm per side.

The other day at work i was working on a 2005 subaru liberty gt i saw that the pad looked very familiar so i measured it ....157mm in length same as s2 stagea. So i will be checking this out shortly and hopfully it will put an end to all s2 stagea owners worries... :D

but if anyone else has a solution already please let us know...

and thanks

ok it's not the 2005 subaru liberty gt but they are the closest fit as they are 157mm and only require alittle cutting and they will fit.

alternitively change to brembos GTR...or 4 piston GTS-T but yo may have to change the offset of your wheels or use spacers :P

R33's came with 16" standard. :O

its to do with the way the spokes are at the back of the rim, that determines if they will fit or not.

skyline brakes apparently need a 'high clearance' type rim, ie. one that the back of the rim is quite flat, or curves very close to the rim itself, not like alot of those rims that curve in to give them the 'dish look'

my rims only just clear gtr brembos and they are abit dished, but its the spoke design that allows clearance in the right area...

heres a pic of the clearance with my 17' rims... (i think its about 10mm max)

125_2584resize.jpg

125_2585resize.jpg

i find the brembos a great upgrade and very much worth the $$$ if u got reasonable horsepower and wanna stop safely :O