Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

I just redid the entire brake system on the Stagea

DBA slotted fronts as per this thread

Bendix 1250 front pads

Bendix 1144 rear pads

Genuine Nissan rear brake discs

Genuine Nissan rear handbrake shoes

Rebuilt all the brake calipers (new seals, new pistons in 1, cleaned, some silver coating, greased)

The total was about $1250

so the dba slotted rotors I got off you a year ago fit, hey Alex?

arranging my tuner to fit the rotors, front pads and allround Maltech braided brake lines, mid next month

Got some genuine Nissan Pit Work Stagea Series II 4WD front brake pads from Japan the other day and this is written on the box:

Part Number: AY040-NS129

Fuga [Y50]: VQ25DE, VQ35DE - '04/10-

Skyline [V35]: 350GT - '04/11-

Also stamped into the pad itself: HITACHI HP63H FF

I have a sneaking suspicion rwd & 4wd are different but I could be wrong

I hope this helps anyone still looking for their SII

If you need more info (pics/measurements etc) just ask!

I find the stock Stagea brakes are good if you have a good pad in there...and trust me I drive it as if its a sports car so braking is very important to me.

not me

even with endless pads and stainless lines with better brake fluid

i was still getting brake fade and other random problems

once i switched to drilled rotors/gtr brakes/and changed the fluid again to some trust fluid

it was golded on the touge

just asked my local nissan dealer regarding s2 stagea brakes

jap codes as follows

Front AY040-NS098

Rear AYO60-NS029

he said he was going to try and find out more about them and how to get them in will let you know how i go

post-26739-1187767895.jpg

anybody familiar with the 260rs brakes (discs and pads?) i would imagine they are the same as the 33GTR? Wats the 33gtr specs? Like wats the part numbers for the rotors (DBAs) and the part numbers for the pads (bendix, ferrodo ETC). Thanks

Edited by stasis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I hope I'm not asking a question which has been asked before - I have searched. Just like to confirm I have this correct...

Series 2

Front Disc Rotors - DBA 4963 (R33 GTST) modified by machining down the OD by 6mm, all of the other dimensions are the same. Unlike the Series 1, this is very minor machining, I would not expect any problems with this, we do it all the time on the race car rotors.

DBA have these in stock currently

Rear Disc Rotors - DBA 4908 (R32GTR), modified by maching down the OD by 5mm, all of the other dimensions are the same. Unlike the Series 1, this is very minor machining, I would not expect any problems with this, we do it all the time on the race car rotors.

Does this mean that a 33 GTST rotor will fit the front of a series 2 stagea, *with* machining down of 6mm? Or without machining? And same with 32 GTR to fit rear of series 2 - it needs the 5mm reduction of OD?

Not talking about the DBA rotors, but stock 33 GTST and 32 GTR parts.

Thanks!

daveb

hi all,

bought some front pads for my series1 stagea using the 1398bendex number

said dont make these anymore but got me lucas pads instead

thought the part number might help people

no. lucas pads gdb3273

also says on box that these are used for

nissan infiniti(usa) o1.98>01.94

nissan leopard 01.93>

nissan maxima qx 10.94>

hope this info can help other stagea owners

Hi guys,

I hope I'm not asking a question which has been asked before - I have searched. Just like to confirm I have this correct...

Does this mean that a 33 GTST rotor will fit the front of a series 2 stagea, *with* machining down of 6mm? Or without machining? And same with 32 GTR to fit rear of series 2 - it needs the 5mm reduction of OD?

Not talking about the DBA rotors, but stock 33 GTST and 32 GTR parts.

Thanks!

daveb

i have r32 GTR front and rear brakes on my stagea, no problems

My setup, using Castrol Dot4 super response fluid

Rear:

Stock discs

Bendix Heavy-Duty brake pads

Maltech stainless steel brake lines

Front:

DBA slotted rotors

Bendix Advance brake pads

Maltech stainless steel brake lines

Works very very well in the urban environment. Impressed actually, considering it hasnt been a huge upgrade. Peddle feel is nice and progressive compared to braking performance. Gives me confidence to stop in a hurry if need be. never had an accident before......

Hope that this has not already been covered.... Understand that there are few R33/R34 brake upgrade options but only really need a basic set-up.

Getting some pulsating when brakes are pressed. Local mechanic tells me that my discs are warped but are too thin to be machined. He has offered to order some original Nissan Stagea replacement rotors ex-Japan but I would rather get something done locally to save time and $$$!

Need help from a brake place in Sydney that knows some stuff about our Stagea's & can fabricate / replace brake pads + rotors.

Thanks guys.

Edited by stag

Hope that this has not already been covered.... Understand that there are few R33/R34 brake upgrade options but only really need a basic set-up.

Getting some pulsating when brakes are pressed. Local mechanic tells me that my discs are warped but are too thin to be machined. He has offered to order some original Nissan Stagea replacement rotors ex-Japan but I would rather get something done locally to save time and $$$!

Need help from a brake place in Sydney that knows some stuff about our Stagea's & can fabricate / replace brake pads + rotors.

Thanks guys.

You might want t to check the GB section. Theres an ongoing GB for RDA (ithink) brake rotors. Very cheap. You might want to give him the dimension (diameter of your rotors and thickenss) and he will sought you out. Get the slotted ones don get the dimpled onr cross drilled ones as they might crack under heavy use. Let us know if you have any problems

Yudy

Stasis,

i just sent rs73 a pm re: rotors for my S2 Stagea. I did a quick 'stagea' word search in the thread but could only find ure post re: "for A Nissan Stagea it has the R33Gtr Brembo brakes on it. How much for a front and rear? Std, slotted and dimples?...." but no answer.

Did you end up getting them? If so how do they compare to the standard rotors, did you install them your self or how much did you have to pay to get them installed.

Also, what brake pads are you using.... Will be sure to get the slotted ones :worship:

Duncan,

Will give Grey Imports a call tomorrow... are they the ones in Annandale???

Maybe Nathan can help me install the rotors i get from the group buy mentioned above!

Thanks for the contact!

Edited by stag

Stasis,

i just sent rs73 a pm re: rotors for my S2 Stagea. I did a quick 'stagea' word search in the thread but could only find ure post re: "for A Nissan Stagea it has the R33Gtr Brembo brakes on it. How much for a front and rear? Std, slotted and dimples?...." but no answer.

Did you end up getting them? If so how do they compare to the standard rotors, did you install them your self or how much they you have to pay to get them installed.

Also, what brake pads are you using.... Will be sure to get the slotted ones :worship:

Duncan,

Will give Grey Imports a call tomorrow... are they the ones in Annandale???

Maybe Nathan can help me install the rotors i get from the group buy above!

Thanks for the contact!

From memory the sloted front is A$300/paor delivered which is preety good price. I havent got them yet. My rotors will be in for another set of brake pads before i need to change them. I will be getting this rotors for sure when i need them. Im using endless SSS now it came with the car when i imported it in. As it is estimated at 30% left on the pads, i will be switching to EBC Green. Reason is my rears have EBC Green ATM. I prefered Ferrodo though. Cos they say its better to use the same brand pads for front and rears as their coefficients are the same but somo people might think it doesnt matter. I prefer Ferrodo they are only AS$50 buck difference in price between EBC and ferrodo. Its up to you really. Boys on the budget?! EBC, not so on the budget?! Bendix or Lucas, spoil yourself?! Ferrodo. It also depends how you are going to use the car. Normal driving or track? If normal driving EBC or bendix should be ok. Hope this helps.

Yudy

Yudi,

rs73 tells me that he may be able to source some rotors specifically for my S2 RS4's but wanted to check over all dimensions before he can confirm. Have let him know that i will be taking her to Grey imports next week to see what my other options are. On a budget so will probably go for EBC or Bendix, dont plan to take her to the track at this stage :)

Duncan,

Spoke to Nathan earlier today and have booked her in for next week. He mentioned that he has recently done yours & may have some rotors in stock that will fit mine. He sure sounds like he knows what he's on about. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the hook-up!

Edited by stag

Yudi,

rs73 tells me that he may be able to source some rotors specifically for my S2 RS4's but wanted to check over all dimensions before he can confirm. Have let him know that i will be taking her to Grey imports next week to see what my other options are. On a budget so will probably go for EBC or Bendix, dont plan to take her to the track at this stage ;)

Duncan,

Spoke to Nathan earlier today and have booked her in for next week. He mentioned that he has recently done yours & may have some rotors in stock that will fit mine. He sure sounds like he knows what he's on about. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the hook-up!

You taking your car to grey imports for? For the brake rotors or the pads? If for the rotors i dont think you will find any cheaper RDA rotors around for that price.