SAU Community

Are 12's The New 13's?

MADGT4

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should definitely be in 4th before going across the line. As Adrian said trying changing a little earlier (6700rpm instead of say 7000rpm).

Adrian interesting point you raise about the old school boys... My old man and my uncles and his old boy ( read 50+) friends used to race nearly every weekend at castlereigh, and they all say the same thing when we talk about skylines at bbqs etc "geez there quick for a car you can drive everyday in comfort".... Back in the day my old man was king cause he used to be able to build 202's in hr holdens that ran in 14s... And they used to race a fj with a 427 chev in it that was registered and did low 12's high 11's on street tyres. They all used to travel down to melbourne in it, it was bright purple with "ANY TIME" signwriten down the side in a austin powers type font, and race people for slips, great storys. back to the point that was basically one of the very fastest genuine street cars in australia back in the early seventies and was running low 12's... Now to say you run a 13 or even a 12 doesnt have the impact it should, cause thats still a damn fast street car, plus alot of people dont actually know what a true 12 second car goes like... The amount of young people that I talk to that think they have been in 11 10 second cars then you take them in a 12 second car and they shit there pants and think it runs 9's or something ridiculous. Numbers are too casually thrown around these days without people backing them up!!!!

i believe 10's are the bench mark of a street car these days.

i know my own car was drvien to from newcastle to qld jamboree last year and then drove it home again and it ran an 11.80

all i have done now is put a bigger stall in and bigger injectors and it runs 10.7, it gets driven 400k's a week and the engine has done 187000k's.

i know my own car was drvien to from newcastle to qld jamboree last year and then drove it home again and it ran an 11.80

all i have done now is put a bigger stall in and bigger injectors and it runs 10.7, it gets driven 400k's a week and the engine has done 187000k's.

Didnt you also run NOS to achieve your 10 sec pass?

What car is it?

Guys how is your MPH measured down the quarter? I asume its the speed you reach crossing the finish line. With a GTECH I manage a 13.3 with 113MPH. That MPH sounds way to high for the times and car I have. I have a R33 GTST with around 200rwkw and standard turbo cheers.

Guys how is your MPH measured down the quarter? I asume its the speed you reach crossing the finish line. With a GTECH I manage a 13.3 with 113MPH. That MPH sounds way to high for the times and car I have. I have a R33 GTST with around 200rwkw and standard turbo cheers.

GTEchs times are pretty accurate when set up correctly but its the mph that are not, upto 6mph out.

And I have to agree with the topic, 12's are the norm these days. having been a regular spectator at WSID, unless the car does a huge launch and/or wheelie, or runs 10's, not many people are interested.

With the advancement of technology, particulary in the EFI, electronic and turbo fields, 11 second street cars aren't unccmmon these days with quite a few street cars easily capable of this (and more).

Edited by NXTIME

G Teech is a video game, do not confuse it with a drag strip.