SAU Community

Are 12's The New 13's?

MADGT4

I'm happy to say that I cracked a 12 with the Std turbo on my final run at WSID tonight :);) ;)

ET: 12.993 @ 104.40mph (60" 1.777)

After so many 13.1's and 13.0', it was good to finally get there :)

Also ended up winning 3rd in the reaction time competition, so a bloody good night all round :D

hey congrats i saw u running, impressive and i like the stock look!

would you mind listing your mods and what boost you run? i would like to run a 13, (with full street tyres) but need a few things changed so im interested in others to compare..

and btw the black wrx ran a best of 12.6 not 13.0.

apparently there was an accident at a roundabout nearby which stopped people from being able to get into wsid, the lady at the food shop told me, this would explain the lack of people.

Edited by siksII

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey congrats i saw u running, impressive and i like the stock look!

would you mind listing your mods and what boost you run? i would like to run a 13, (with full street tyres) but need a few things changed so im interested in others to compare.

Thanks mate :)

My current mods are:

PowerFC

EBC

FMIC

3" turbo back exhaust

Splitfire Ignition Coils

K&N panel filter

HD clutch

I was running 0.8bar (12psi) boost.

Good luck with the 12 ;)

Thanks mate :P

My current mods are:

PowerFC

EBC

FMIC

3" turbo back exhaust

Splitfire Ignition Coils

K&N panel filter

HD clutch

I was running 0.8bar (12psi) boost.

Good luck with the 12 :)

sounds exactly like my car but i also have adjustable cam gear, and sheilded pod(no difference, only good for making annoying noise!)

i will be running with sticky normal tyres 255 wide toyo T1-Rs.

at the moment the car only runs 97-99mph and 14.5(on old tyres with crap 60') so i need to get a retune then i will run it.

anyway, the miss wednesdays all looked like they were 12, or else skanks, apart from the one tall one, im surprised your all interested!!!!!!

Edited by siksII

What's not to like?

Hmmmm, on second thought, im not sure what i was complaining about, your right!!!!!!

btw, i remember u saying you would be back when the weather is colder (ie now) to run a fastER time, have u been recently, hows the car now? larger turbo fitted? :)

btw, i remember u saying you would be back when the weather is colder (ie now) to run a fastER time, have u been recently, hows the car now? larger turbo fitted?

The story is in my signature! The one year anniversary of my M Coupe being taken off the road for modifications is next Thursday 25th August. Same night I got booted from WSID after running a ten second pass.

The story is in my signature! The one year anniversary of my M Coupe being taken off the road for modifications is next Thursday 25th August. Same night I got booted from WSID after running a ten second pass.

Oh my god, i cant believe that was a year ago, it seems like a few months!!! that was the first time i went to the drags (to watch)

so whats next, 9s?

Yes definently is 12 second passes now the new 13 seconds

My brothers old car a S15 200 and and it ran a 13.2 which seemed really quick 2 years ago and was pretty much invinsible on the street but nowadays is concidered quite timid

As time goes on times will always tumble and i think in about 2-3 years time 12s will be average and 11s and lower might be considered quick

each to their own i say......ill be pushing the limits of our setup before reaching for the gas tap

Thats a fair call, but age and wear and tear is against you. In a stock car i did a similar thing, 2 years later when im ready to lean on it everything i replaced 2 yrs earlier is worn and needs replacing again :D

Make hay while the sun shines, get a few gas passes in, see what times it runs, then go back to running without the gas. Hell see if you can get near the gas time wihtout it by improving the setup, clutch etc...hate to reach the stalemate with your current setup driving for 6 months for 0.1sec only to kill the thing with the first hit of gas :(

Still think all you boys should just throw these engines fof yours into tubbed LJs with auto boxes :D

Edited by Roy

Thats a fair call, but age and wear and tear is against you. In a stock car i did a similar thing, 2 years later when im ready to lean on it everything i replaced 2 yrs earlier is worn and needs replacing again :(

Make hay while the sun shines, get a few  gas passes in, see what times it runs, then go back to running without the gas.  Hell see if you can get near the gas time wihtout it by improving the setup, clutch etc...hate to reach the stalemate with your current setup driving for 6 months for 0.1sec only to kill the thing with the first hit of gas :P

Still think all you boys should just throw these engines fof yours into tubbed LJs with auto boxes :D

basically i put mine on gas as my 1/4 mile times were not upto scratch due to having a small capacity engine not being able to drag the stall up to its needed rpm. i had a 3400 stall and the when te engine was cold and the box was cold it would stall up no problems. when it was warm or hot after a few runs it would stall up resulting in low 12's at 124 mph and 2.2 sixty foots. the 40 shot gives it enough extra hp to get it on stall and give me consistant sixty foot 1.5's which in a 3460 pound rwd car is pretty awesome on street radials.

i would like to see some 10 sec GTR's run these type of sixty foots in RWD mode,

i never wanted to put mine on gas, but it was the only way to drop my sixty foots and get the car consistant. dont know what others think but i teckon tens out of a stock internal and stock head 2.5 ltire engine thats done 189540k's is pretty damn good.

would love to see what she will do with a plenum, throttle body, head work bug cams and some internals for longevity.

shane :)

Edited by 1JZ.747

basically i put mine on gas as my 1/4 mile times were not upto scratch due to having a small capacity engine not being able to drag the stall up to its needed rpm. i had a 3400 stall and the when te engine was cold and the box was cold it would stall up no problems. when it was warm or hot after a few runs it would stall up resulting in low 12's at 124 mph and 2.2 sixty foots. the 40 shot gives it enough extra hp to get it on stall and give me consistant sixty foot 1.5's which in a 3460 pound rwd car is pretty awesome on street radials.

i would like to see some 10 sec GTR's run these type of sixty foots in RWD mode,

i never wanted to put mine on gas, but it was the only way to drop my sixty foots and get the car consistant. dont know what others think but i teckon tens out of a stock internal and stock head 2.5 ltire engine  thats done 189540k's is pretty damn good.

would love to see what she will do with a plenum, throttle body, head work bug cams and some internals for longevity.

shane  ;)

Shane,

Good effort and nice _Zoom_ feature. The world is full of weak c**ts who will never (or can never) give credit where it is due. Just go by the opinion of those you know and respect.

Shane,

Good effort and nice _Zoom_ feature. The world is full of weak c**ts who will never (or can never) give credit where it is due. Just go by the opinion of those you know and respect.

thats precisely what i do Mr Blonde, and thanks for the positive comments.

i take it you have a zoom subscription, i have too wait for it to come out at the newsagent. sucks.

well in relation to this topic for me the bench mark for a quick-ish street car was being able to do a 13 and run at over 100mph. now it's definately being able to go a 12 and run at over 105mph. maybe even 110mph. so for me 12s are the new 13s no doubt.