SAU Community

Turbo N15 Sss Pulsar

Hey, one of my friends has a sr20 powered sss n15 pulsar hatch, and atm he is thinking of putting a u13 into it literaly making it a sr20det.

Now with the weight of his car he should probally blow my r33 gtst away :)

i need some mods quickly !!!!! hahaa

do u guys come or here this often

We hear this all the time. (my mates getting this car and i want to beat it) :lol: It depends on the MODS the Pulsar has. Ive seen a SSS pulsar eat an R33 for breakfast. The R33 had a FMIC, egzorst, and a hi flowed turbo from GCG running 15PSI.

Mind you the pulsar was an absolute animal, was running around 20PSI+ boost.

Find out waht mods your mate is gonna do. To be safe and really "smash" him id go for a full 3 inch egzorst, FMIC, more boost and even a bigger/hi flowed turbo.

Hope this helps, let us know how you go mate!

Find out waht mods your mate is gonna do. To be safe and really "smash" him id go for a full 3 inch egzorst, FMIC, more boost and even a bigger/hi flowed turbo.

To be "safe", I'd get a stroker kit and bore it out to 3L, with aircraft-grade titanium internals. Run a pair of HKS T51Rs with custom cams. Bigger drag intercooler with a liquid nitrogen spray, and a MoTeC ECU to control it all (which would also let you drop the restrictive AFM's). Get methanol or water injection, just to make sure you can use all that boost. Maybe a nitrous system too, to help spool up those two turbos.

Rip out anything non structural in the car, and rebuild the back end with tubs. Get yourself some drag tyres too.

Its just an "arms race", in the end. If you don't know what his "mate" is going to do, then to be "sure" all you can do is make sure the engine makes every last kilowatt possible, and the car as light you can.

i know a few people with the Avenier i think thats how you say it SR20DET's in their N14 which is just the younger brother of the N15 and they are expecting to do maybe mid 13's with just zorst, front mount and a bit more boost. gotta remember these4 things are light as all buggery so they will go

unless your friend also gets an LSD gearbox and good suspension setup and decent sticky tyres, he'll just sit there smoking away his tyres while you get ahead of him.

he'll probably have about 140kw at the front right wheel with that engine, exhaust and a bit of boost.

I wouldn't be too worried unless he gets the other bits to put the power down.

unless your friend also gets an LSD gearbox and good suspension setup and decent sticky tyres, he'll just sit there smoking away his tyres while you get ahead of him.

he'll probably have about 140kw at the front right wheel with that engine, exhaust and a bit of boost.

I wouldn't be too worried unless he gets the other bits to put the power down.

:lol: exactly!

I think you should do some mods man B)

Its not too hard to get a FWD SR20DET to do 12's on street tyres.

I have a GTI-R donk in my N15, GT28RS, Std ecu, 210kw atw. - 12.6 @ 116mph on Toyo RA-1 Proxes. :D

I'll admit on the street with 18"s, shit tyres, stereo etc etc, even with an LSD box and AVCR it only does late 12's.. but i know of 1.. maybe 2 GTR owners on this forum that can vouch for what im saying.

Gav.

It doesn't take much to get an R33 GTST in to the 12's.

Exhaust, FMIC, PowerFC & a bit of boost will see you in to the high 12's providing you have decent traction.

There's one person here who recently cracked a 12.6 with a 107mph. Not too shabby for such little mods. :)

At the end of the day I know which one I'd rather be driving. :O

The Pulsar is a chicks car.. heheh

Head down to the local auto shop get a "I own a chicks car sticker" made up for bugger all and stick it on his car overnight. :D